Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
i would imagine they have recieved it just anyways so what is normal processinbg time 6 months right omg this is frustrating this is consuming me i think what i am going to do is book a ticket for jamaica tht will cure mi off this crazy feeling lol so how long should i wait b4 contacting them

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Hi,

The normal processing times are what appear online - 30% of applications processing in 4 months, and 80% finalized in 11 months. So.. they've JUST begun the processing and wouldn't likely respond to an inquiry until after at least 6 months or so.

You could ask someone in JA to look into it for you, but they would also need to use a Use of Rep, and have file # and so on...

Frustrated Canadian

Oct 30, 2007
Hi ladies (lonelycanadianwifey and AMB),

Well, I agree. Contacting the Office in Kingston is very difficult. They don't normally answer the phone. I had an Immigration Rep. tell me it is because their first priority is processing applications. Then you would think it would be quicker - but anyway! I have faxed them in the past and requested information but didn't really get any direct replies.

I wrote our timeline as the first post. Since then I got a request to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (paid Dec 30) and just today received a letter from Immigration saying that they received the payment and they have contacted the Visa office in Kingston to let them know that the fee has been paid. They will contact my husband to have him bring in his passport to put the VISA in.

It's good news, but it has been a long time coming. I was chatting with someone with a very similar timeline and her husband got the call for his passport on the 13th or 14th of January. They paid all the fees up front and I think that helped them get it to that stage before us.

We have had some help from our MPs office. Let them know your situation in detail and they should be able to put in a ministerial inquiry. My mother and myself had to keep on them to keep on our case because they are very busy. But they are there as your representatives and its their job! So use that resource - major bonus is that its free!! We even had them send our application in to the Immigration Office express and tracked.

Keep your head up and your heart strong!! Keep us updated on what's going on. Chatting with people who really understand what you're going through really helps!

The fact that you sent a very complete application is great!

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
hey lookin to ghet soem backgorund info of some of the people on here like well of course how you met your spouses or if you are Pr residnts sponsoring your jamaican spouse bla bla lol and like how far your relationships go back just curious to know i was wowndering if kingston catigorizes relationship by length and eveidence versed people with interneet or vacation meeting

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
lol sorry about all typos it late and i am tired anyways hope to hear from you all

Frustrated Canadian

Oct 30, 2007
Hey,

I honestly think that they process the applications based on when they were received, not on your relationship background. It just takes longer for the ones they have more questions about. My husband and I have been together for 6 years (well documented) and met while we both worked abroad. I am a Canadian Citizen. We were married in Canada in '07.

What about your background lonelycanadianwifey?

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
i met my husnad in 06 he was in canada on a work program lol miet him a a dance party i am huge in to dancehall and reggae huge soo ti make along story short we started a relatioship and he moved in and we became a family now here the thing we talked about getting married but we wanted to wait because well we knew jumpin in to marrieage because of our countries wasnt the best solution so we waited and still lived together and year later they were sending the guys home for 4 months so we were upset at tht and then almsot married again but we talked about it and we said no we will wait till you come back then 4 moths passed in Ja( i went there in tht time as well) they never called him back all because when he would talk to people he refered to me as his wife and we also wore rings lol the 2 of us were married in our hearts but not officially so basically his place of work never called him back because they thought he was married to me so since july 07 he has been in Ja i have been there 4 times 1 in o7 3 times in o8 we got married in Ja March 1 08 and it took us from there on to get papers ready to file and man tht shit cost alot of money between all they medicals and stuff anyways not to mention the trips to jamaica good thing my husband got his income tax from canada late 2008 becuase lol because he sent me half of it
hehehe and here we are my daughter is coming from jamaica i included her on the application so i am happy about tht and my 2 girls will be together and each other to play with i am soo super excited cant wait till they are home my life will finally start back again 2 christmas alone without my husband was devistating oooh well hopefully he here something soon

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Hi ladies-

Realized I never replied to your question, lonelycanadianwifey. Met my husband in 2004 when we worked together; he was on the SAWP. We dated for three years before we were engaged and married. We did the long-distance thing for 3 "seasons" and it was hard but totally made us stronger. I'm a Canadian citizen from birth (you asked about that, right?) We did an inland sponsorship which was completed in 10 months- we were super lucky. He's a PR for 6 months now, and we're starting the process to get his boys here.

Frustrated Canadian- saw your post about the medicals. That sucks! You just need to do them right away, bring copies of the receipts to CHC asap and wait. If they aren't processed in 2 months, get your MP on it again. A couple tough emails from my MP's office turned our case from "In Process" (in Jamaica, with the boys file #) to "Decision Made" in 2 weeks. Just focus on what it will be like once he's here, and keep yourself distracted with other things. Good luck!

Frustrated Canadian

Oct 30, 2007
AMB,

Thanks for the advice about the medicals. We weren't sure what to do with the receipts and wondered if he had to bring them in! Good idea though, to bring them in anyway. You really think that the medicals will take two months to process, oh god my stomach just did a flip!

Oh well, we have to stay strong and we will!

Congrats on making headway with your sons applications. My MPs office has been very helpful but they haven't written any emails - only made phone calls to get information. Do you think I should push them to do more?

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Hi!

A couple things- bring a COPY of the receipts to CHC Kingston. Also, sometimes the doctors' office creates their own file number which you could ask them for, and give that # with the receipts so that CHC can track it to T&T.

I think the medical processing centre in T&T takes awhile, but 2 months was only a guestimate :)

I think not all MP's office have an actual immigration expert/advocate in their office- but ours does. Maybe you could just ask that they send an email, because it seems to be very effective. You could just remind them that you are a voting constituent, but I don't know if that's effective or appropriate. It's a fine line.. if you push them too much, they might not want to help you.... but they should.

Good luck!

Frustrated Canadian

Oct 30, 2007
FINALLY!!!

To anyone who has posted within this thread or anyone who has to hear good news to help them stay strong. After close to 15 months my husband and I have reached the end. My husband received his passport back with his visa on Monday and a ticket is booked for three weeks from now!!

A couple things to note about timelines. My husband had to redo medicals and police check.
Medicals were re-done March 2, 2009. The high commission in Kingston called him (March 20)and asked him to bring in his passport. He brought his passport in on the Monday - the 23rd. they told him that they would contact him in two weeks. This past Monday (1 week later) they called him and he went in to pick-up his original documents and his passport with the Visa inside!!!!!!

Good Luck to all!! It feels great when you know the wait is finally over!!

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Anyone still let on this forum that is waiting ????