+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Husband in Iraq

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In Canada, you will eventually find a job. It won't take years for you to get a job. Maybe it'll be a bit slow because of the job market now i know that, but at least I know that eventually there will be something for me and there will be a future for my son. Read my previous reply.
Pretty difficult to find a job these days for young people. You also have to factor in the cost of childcare if you are working. Just want you to have a realistic picture.

Reactions: mashulia_26

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2013; Second Meds Done: 30-11-2014
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Pretty difficult to find a job these days for young people. You also have to factor in the cost of childcare if you are working.
Difficult, not impossible.

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I don't understand why we always have to look at things negatively. I know the job market isn't great right now. But can we be a little positive? There is worse than this.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
I don't understand why we always have to look at things negatively. I know the job market isn't great right now. But can we be a little positive? There is worse than this.
I apologize as I wasn’t trying to come off as negative. I 100% agree with the longer post you made. All of that you will definitely have in Canada and it’s a beautiful and amazing thing. I totally understand why so many want to come here, and personally I welcome them. (Both my husband and my father are landed immigrants)

I was mostly referring specifically to the job market. I’ve seen many a Canadian struggle there, but you seem to have a realistic approach, which is a good thing!

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I apologize as I wasn’t trying to come off as negative. I 100% agree with the longer post you made. All of that you will definitely have in Canada and it’s a beautiful and amazing thing. I totally understand why so many want to come here, and personally I welcome them. (Both my husband and my father are landed immigrants)

I was mostly referring specifically to the job market. I’ve seen many a Canadian struggle there, but you seem to have a realistic approach, which is a good thing!
It's alright, no apologies needed. It's just that there is a difference in opportunities.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are coming from Iraq where I assume you have not been working based on your posts. You also didn’t qualify for spousal sponsorship due to finances and are returning to Canada as a single parent due to covid. There is a good possibility that there may be disruptions in the school year and school does not last a full work day. Parents in Canada are currently stressed about getting a job or keeping their job and finding affordable childcare and most have been working for the past 5 years. You need to have a plan and a back-up plan. You may want to consider returning by yourself in order to secure a job and a place to live before bringing your child to Canada.

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You are coming from Iraq where I assume you have not been working based on your posts. You also didn’t qualify for spousal sponsorship due to finances and are returning to Canada as a single parent due to covid. There is a good possibility that there may be disruptions in the school year and school does not last a full work day. Parents in Canada are currently stressed about getting a job or keeping their job and finding affordable childcare and most have been working for the past 5 years. You need to have a plan and a back-up plan. You may want to consider returning by yourself in order to secure a job and a place to live before bringing your child to Canada.
I have lots of family support and child care is easy for me when I find a job. I do have a plan and a back up plan and I do know all the obstacles and consequences and I'm ready to face them. I have no problem finding a job and working full time.
Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have lots of family support and child care is easy for me when I find a job. I do have a plan and a back up plan and I do know all the obstacles and consequences and I'm ready to face them. I have no problem finding a job and working full time.
Thank you.
Not questioning your work ethic. If others, who have been working in Canada for the past 7 years since you relocated and have Canadian experience, are having difficulty finding employment it may not be as easy as you think. It isn’t a normal job market at the moment. It also sounds like you moved to Iraq soon after you graduated and Canadian experience is valued by most employers. It is great that you have family that can provide childcare because childcare is a huge part of family’s budget and is a major obstacle for many. Lots of families paying 2k/ month or more per child in cities like Toronto or Vancouver.

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Not questioning your work ethic. If others, who have been working in Canada for the past 7 years since you relocated and have Canadian experience, are having difficulty finding employment it may not be as easy as you think. It isn’t a normal job market at the moment. It also sounds like you moved to Iraq soon after you graduated and Canadian experience is valued by most employers. It is great that you have family that can provide childcare because childcare is a huge part of family’s budget and is a major obstacle for many. Lots of families paying 2k/ month or more per child in cities like Toronto or Vancouver.
I know it will be difficult and these are difficult times but I have hope and trying to be positive about it.

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Would it be better for us to hire a lawyer or is there not much of a point to that?

Also as for savings, how much is the amount that would convince them that we have enough savings for us to support ourselves when he is given pr until we get jobs. That is if I weren't to find a job now or if we decided to do this while I am still in Iraq?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would it be better for us to hire a lawyer or is there not much of a point to that?

Also as for savings, how much is the amount that would convince them that we have enough savings for us to support ourselves when he is given pr until we get jobs. That is if I weren't to find a job now or if we decided to do this while I am still in Iraq?
A lawyer likely drain more of your savings than helping you. $12,000 may seems a lot to you, but not for me.

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
A lawyer likely drain more of your savings than helping you. $12,000 may seems a lot to you, but not for me.
I was thinking maybe $15,000 but I wanted to make sure what what would look good to the officers.

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Why do you think it's the amount of savings but not your income? Or a combination?
I was thinking of a plan for if i don't find a job, savings will somewhat help. Also savings plus an income will look really good to them