+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and compassionate grounds processing time

lunamenezes

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Hi , i apply for humanitarian and compassionate and here is :
1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017.

after 7 months later showing this :

2. We started processing your application on May 7, 2018.
and 5 months later still nothing more :(

Anyone knows anything about this ?
What is the next step?
How long more takes for next step?
Is normal ?

Im in a relationship and my partner want to sponsor me , should i do it? At this point? Or should wait?

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Hi , i apply for humanitarian and compassionate and here is :
1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017.

after 7 months later showing this :

2. We started processing your application on May 7, 2018.
and 5 months later still nothing more :(

Anyone knows anything about this ?
What is the next step?
How long more takes for next step?
Is normal ?

Im in a relationship and my partner want to sponsor me , should i do it? At this point? Or should wait?

Hello Dear,

What are you H&C ground? Are your partner eligible to sponsor you? ( e.a common law or married ?

For the delay, yes it's normal. H&C can take 1 year to start processing and up to 31months for final answer at this time.

you have to know that H&C can be denied if you are admissible for sponsorship

Before you apply
Who may use this application?
You may use this application to apply for permanent residence from within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds (H&C) if you:

• are a foreign national currently living in Canada;
  • need an exemption from one or more requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) or Regulations in order to apply for permanent residence within Canada;
  • believe humanitarian and compassionate considerations justify granting the exemption(s) you need; and
  • are not eligible to apply for permanent residence from within Canada in any of these classes:
    • Spouse or Common-Law Partner;
    • Live-in Caregiver;
    • Caregivers: caring for children or people with high medical needs;
    • Protected Person and Convention Refugees; and
    • Temporary Resident Permit Holder.

lunamenezes

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Thanks for the reply .
My partner had low income last year , but make good money this year , we can provide a letter from the company that he works for , the only thing is , last year he had divorce and use legal aid for custody of his daughter , idk if this will be a problem..
i heard that sponsorship takes 4-6 months to get a answers..

lunamenezes

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Hello Dear,

What are you H&C ground? Are your partner eligible to sponsor you? ( e.a common law or married ?

For the delay, yes it's normal. H&C can take 1 year to start processing and up to 31months for final answer at this time.

you have to know that H&C can be denied if you are admissible for sponsorship

Before you apply
Who may use this application?
You may use this application to apply for permanent residence from within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds (H&C) if you:

• are a foreign national currently living in Canada;
  • need an exemption from one or more requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) or Regulations in order to apply for permanent residence within Canada;
  • believe humanitarian and compassionate considerations justify granting the exemption(s) you need; and
  • are not eligible to apply for permanent residence from within Canada in any of these classes:
    • Spouse or Common-Law Partner;
    • Live-in Caregiver;
    • Caregivers: caring for children or people with high medical needs;
    • Protected Person and Convention Refugees; and
    • Temporary Resident Permit Holder.
Thanks for the reply .
My partner had low income last year , but make good money this year , we can provide a letter from the company that he works for , the only thing is , last year he had divorce and use legal aid for custody of his daughter , idk if this will be a problem..

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Thanks for the reply .
I see! I eared that low incomes don't make you inadmisible to sponsor but whelfare does. For legal aid I don't think it's will be a problem for a sponsorship application either but your partner must not have unpaid court-ordered alimony or child support.

Sponsorship application can take up to 12 months but usually people get AIP and work permit within 6-8months and if you take a look on the spousal sponsorship part of this forum you will see some really fast processed application spousal PR on 5-8 months.

Become a sponsor
You can become a sponsor if you are:
  • a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident,
  • at least 18 years old
  • living in Canada:
Note: In most cases, there is no low-income-cut-off (LICO) for spouse, partner or dependent child sponsorships. However, if either a spouse or partner you’re sponsoring has as dependent child who has dependent children of their own, or a dependent child you are sponsoring has a dependent child of their own, you must meet a minimum LICO score, which is determined by the Canadian government each year.

Reactions: lunamenezes

annaventura

Mar 1, 2019
i just wanted to share everyone the timeline of my application for PR though H&C grounds
April 2017- submitted the application
April 2018 - Stage 1 approved
November 2018 - Stage 2- asked for medical examination
Feb 2019- Decision made

I did not hire a lawyer, I did it on my own, the instructions are easy to follow. Gather as much documents, letter from friends, church, volunteer work, birth certificates of dependents, photos, income tax assessments, T4. All documents you think that might help. Include a letter why you are applying a PR through Humanitarian and compassionate. List down all your arguments. e.g. Best interest of the child, hardship you will encounter when you are to be removed in Canada, financial status etc. Do some research. Check all signatures before you close the envelope.

Good luck to all of you.

Reactions: ARButt

lunamenezes

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
i just wanted to share everyone the timeline of my application for PR though H&C grounds
Feb 2019- Decision made

I did not hire a lawyer, I did it on my own, the instructions are easy to follow. Gather as much documents, letter from friends, church, volunteer work, birth certificates of dependents, photos, income tax assessments, T4. All documents you think that might help. Include a letter why you are applying a PR through Humanitarian and compassionate. List down all your arguments. e.g. Best interest of the child, hardship you will encounter when you are to be removed in Canada, financial status etc. Do some research. Check all signatures before you close the envelope.

Good luck to all of you.
Hi , thanks do sharing, so , when it says decision made is when you get the Pr ?

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Feb 2019- Decision made

Good luck to all of you.

Congrats @ Anaventura
I applied in March 2017. Hopefully i hear smth soon. please did you send your police certificate at the begining wiht your application or they requested for it along the line. my question is when you sent the email of your police certificate, did immigration reply you that it is confirmed they received it?? or they didnt confirm?

annaventura

Mar 1, 2019
Congrats @ Anaventura
I applied in March 2017. Hopefully i hear smth soon. please did you send your police certificate at the begining wiht your application or they requested for it along the line. my question is when you sent the email of your police certificate, did immigration reply you that it is confirmed they received it?? or they didnt confirm?
I sent all police certificates in the package. They didnt ask me for anything just medical on stage 2. And yes decision made means, PR confirmed.

annaventura

Mar 1, 2019
Congrats @ Anaventura
Immigration would never reply to you when you sent documents to them. Make sure you have your name, bday, UCI # on top of the documents. That's what I did.

ARButt

Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
May 2016 received my application
Sep 2017 1st approval
Oct 2017 med
Nov 2017 police clearance
May 2018 asked about if im working and if i renewed my passport

Waiting
what was your status here in canada, and which country you come from...
look a like you re very very lucky...

ARButt

Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Feb 2019- Decision made

Good luck to all of you.
hi
thanks for sharing...
when you came here, and you applied inside country or outside country,
what was your status here in canada, when did you come here “if you applied inside country”...
and where are you from...
i applied too, but as per my country, i might have to wait for longer then normal time...