+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and compassionate ground

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Your only option is judicial review. And, unfortunately, that does require the use of a lawyer or the courts won’t accept the application. I suspect the $8,000 is just the start of the lawyers fees. If it does go to judicial review, you should expect a larger bill.
I agree. Appeal is very expensive because lawyers knew you need them to represent you at the court. I paid 10k for the refugee appeal and 5k for h&c where the lawyer only has to send the application. I provided him all the necessary documents. He didnt tell me what I need to do. I just did my own research. How about if you find legal aid where you live? Maybe they can help or advise you what to do. Dont lose hope..

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree. Appeal is very expensive because lawyers knew you need them to represent you at the court. I paid 10k for the refugee appeal and 5k for h&c where the lawyer only has to send the application. I provided him all the necessary documents. He didnt tell me what I need to do. I just did my own research. How about if you find legal aid where you live? Maybe they can help or advise you what to do. Dont lose hope..
Legal aid has limited funds and may not take on the case unless they believe there is a high chance of success.

ARButt

Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Legal aid has limited funds and may not take on the case unless they believe there is a high chance of success.
Yes. I agree with you, even me I had paid alot since day one.
Never mind, yes I did got code from legal aid, now my lawyer is taking alot of time to appeal, as she said she has applied for judicial review once she will receive a approval then she will go to court then again she will charge me 3k,
Lets see what will happened.

Anyone in this group got approval on this stage...???

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Lawyers pay tax. If they are receiving cash payments and not declaring them they are committing a crime. Most legal aid lawyers do not receive a lot of compensation for the amount of work they do.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
If you are paying a lawyer cash then in theory though , it’s not enforced, you should be issuing a T4A for services rendered if the payment is over $500
If you’re going to complain about someone not paying taxes , then not do anything about it, like complain to the Law Society or the CRA....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that if you believe that your lawyer is asking everyone to pay in cash only and you suspect they are not declaring the cash income you should report them to CRA.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
pls, I am in need of of a serious advice .

I applied for my for PR. My application was submitted 29th of june. I receive both AOR and Biomtric on the same day( 2nd of September) . Fortunately, I am exempted from biometrics since I have done mine in last 10 years ( according to the new IRCC policy on biometrics).

I am told that after some few weeks or month by a friend that IRCC will send me a Instruction letter for medicals. medicals is the next step after biomtric.

Here is my concern.....

I have been watching the News for the past 2 weeks. It appears there will be a second lock down soon. It is very likely because the government has been talking about it non-stop on the news and are gradually imposing restriction on businesses.

HERE IS MY QUESTION...

1) Do you think it is wise idea for me to go ahead to do my medicals now WITHOUT waiting for the medical instruction from IRCC ?

2) Will this move in any way affect my the decision of my application ?

I ask this question because I dont have a situation where the lock down will affect opening of medical clinics. if they are lockdown, it means it will affect my ability to get my medical on time and in turn delay the process of my PR application by IRCC

PLEASE NOTE :

1) Medical examination result is valid for 1 year

2) My PR via H & C application ( Inland )

3) My application is PAPER BASED ( not online)

4) Application submitted at the IRCC Vancouver office

Hope to hear from you guys

thanks

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
You cannot do medical unless you were given instructions. There is a document the immigration office sends and you have to give it to the physician

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
pls, I am in need of of a serious advice .

I applied for my for PR. My application was submitted 29th of june. I receive both AOR and Biomtric on the same day( 2nd of September) . Fortunately, I am exempted from biometrics since I have done mine in last 10 years ( according to the new IRCC policy on biometrics).

I am told that after some few weeks or month by a friend that IRCC will send me a Instruction letter for medicals. medicals is the next step after biomtric.

Here is my concern.....

I have been watching the News for the past 2 weeks. It appears there will be a second lock down soon. It is very likely because the government has been talking about it non-stop on the news and are gradually imposing restriction on businesses.

HERE IS MY QUESTION...

1) Do you think it is wise idea for me to go ahead to do my medicals now WITHOUT waiting for the medical instruction from IRCC ?

2) Will this move in any way affect my the decision of my application ?

I ask this question because I dont have a situation where the lock down will affect opening of medical clinics. if they are lockdown, it means it will affect my ability to get my medical on time and in turn delay the process of my PR application by IRCC

PLEASE NOTE :

1) Medical examination result is valid for 1 year

2) My PR via H & C application ( Inland )

3) My application is PAPER BASED ( not online)

4) Application submitted at the IRCC Vancouver office

Hope to hear from you guys

thanks
You cannot do medical unless you were given instructions. There is a document the immigration office sends and you have to give it to the physician

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
thanks for the response. do you mind me asking the following questions

1) would the instruction letter be sent to my address in via mail ?

2) is the medicals free ?

3) If it not free, how much does it cost..any idea ?

Hope to hear from you soon

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
thanks for the response. do you mind me asking the following questions

1) would the instruction letter be sent to my address in via mail ?

2) is the medicals free ?

3) If it not free, how much does it cost..any idea ?

Hope to hear from you soon
Its mostly done by email, if an email was on your application. But you can check your mail box to be on the safe side. It is not free, I am in Montreal & it cost 240$

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Its mostly done by email, if an email was on your application. But you can check your mail box to be on the safe side. It is not free, I am in Montreal & it cost 240$
Thanks for the advice. much appreciated.

will the status of my application show on the IRCC website that medical instruction has been sent ?

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
Thanks for the advice. much appreciated.

will the status of my application show on the IRCC website that medical instruction has been sent ?
Yes, once they updated it. It should say " We sent you correspondence on September......."

peaceseeker

Apr 25, 2020
Dear members,
My friend had his first hearing in 2016 and got rejected, he appealed then the appeal was allowed for second hearing, board member rejected his claim again in 2018. Then he appealed again. Then CBSA sent him removal order but can't remove him because he has a pending appeal. It has been almost 20 months since he filed his second appeal. he has been in Canada for about 4 years. He is a working professional and has a decent income. Is there any advice to secure his status in Canada? Thank you in advance for any tips and advises.
Finally my friend has received a mail today with a positive decision.