+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Human Error in adding education information? rejection?

backupoption123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
Hi,

While adding the Education information post ITA, I made a small error while selecting the Canadian equivalency of my degrees.

MY ECA says:

Summary:
Master level Canadian equivalency

Individual
Bachelor = Bachelor Canadian equivalency
Master = Master Canadian equivalency

My highest qualification is Master of Science, but I selected Master's Canadian equivalency for both Bachelors and Masters in the post ITA application.

I submitted a CSE requesting them to correct this (also attached my ECA) and the reply I got was "We are pleased to confirm the reception of your document. We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration".

Will this be treated as misinterpretation or whatever and cause application rejection :( ?

ITA : Jan 04, 2017
AOR : Feb 16, 2017
Med Passed : Apr 08, 2017
BG : N/A

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you did the right thing my submitting CSE and explaining all of that, they usually forward your cse to you Visa office and reply within or close to 30 days .

backupoption123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
OMG_Chakromakro said:
you did the right thing my submitting CSE and explaining all of that, they usually forward your cse to you Visa office and reply within or close to 30 days .
There is a possibility of rejection due to this?
ECA is attached with my application with correct details, Education docs are there + you can't claim any extra points for my mistake in my case.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
backupoption123 said:
ECA is attached with my application with correct details, Education docs are there + you can't claim any extra points for my mistake in my case.
IMO Don't think there would be a problem but yeah you did your part by explaining with CSE ,god forbids incase if anything happens you always have a valid reason to have them reopen your case based on CSE .

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Masters has highest points right. I don't see what is the problem with this? Does two masters give extra points?

backupoption123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
DEEPCUR said:
Masters has highest points right. I don't see what is the problem with this? Does two masters give extra points?
No it doesn't, but I don't have two masters.
When you fill Education details. You add it like "Bachelors" and there is s drop down asking you to specify Canadian equivalency. Same goes with Masters or any other degree you add.
In my case, I selected Canadian Master's equivalency for my Bachelors and Masters.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
backupoption123 said:
There is a possibility of rejection, but I think it's remote given that not extra points are claimed.

If they do reject your application it will be right at the beginning during the R10 check as the analyst will look and realize that you did not upload documents to support two master degrees. Since you've submitted a CSE explaining your mistake, it's even more unlikely that you'll get rejected. If you get the ack that your CSE was processed and documents added to your case then you can relax, but don't worry if you don't get the ACK as some people never do.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
My wife has a bachelors degree and we mentioned that as bachelors. She as a LLB degree and we mentioned that as masters or professional degree. She has a masters degree and that is mentioned as masters.

Do you think i should raise a CSE for her law degree? We considered as a professional degree. Please advise.

backupoption123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
I just hope they don't reject it.
The CSE I raised had htis info:

1. What happened
2. Why it happened. ( I said that the final Summary verdict as shown in my ECA created confusion for me)
3. Requesting them to correct it (if required) as I don't claim any points for the degree where details were slightly wrong and correct Documents attached).
4. Attached ECA

Reply ( after 25 days) :

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We are pleased to confirm the reception of your document. We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.
If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

g126 said:
There is a possibility of rejection, but I think it's remote given that not extra points are claimed.

If they do reject your application it will be right at the beginning during the R10 check as the analyst will look and realize that you did not upload documents to support two master degrees. Since you've submitted a CSE explaining your mistake, it's even more unlikely that you'll get rejected. If you get the ack that your CSE was processed and documents added to your case then you can relax, but don't worry if you don't get the ACK as some people never do.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
xpressentry said:
My wife has a bachelors degree and we mentioned that as bachelors. She as a LLB degree and we mentioned that as masters or professional degree. She has a masters degree and that is mentioned as masters.

Do you think i should raise a CSE for her law degree? We considered as a professional degree. Please advise.
should i raise a CSE?

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
xpressentry said:
should i raise a CSE?
You did the right thing, Law is a professional degree so theres nothing to worry about

Vjakhar

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
Hi,

While adding the Education information post ITA, I made a small error while selecting the Canadian equivalency of my degrees.

MY ECA says:

Summary:
Master level Canadian equivalency

Individual
Bachelor = Bachelor Canadian equivalency
Master = Master Canadian equivalency

My highest qualification is Master of Science, but I selected Master's Canadian equivalency for both Bachelors and Masters in the post ITA application.

I submitted a CSE requesting them to correct this (also attached my ECA) and the reply I got was "We are pleased to confirm the reception of your document. We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration".

Will this be treated as misinterpretation or whatever and cause application rejection :( ?

ITA : Jan 04, 2017
AOR : Feb 16, 2017
Med Passed : Apr 08, 2017
BG : N/A
i just read your post . does you got pr without any problem they consider your correction.
in my case
post aor stage after 2 days when i have a look again on transmitted detail , i found a typo error in passport country of issuing it is showing indonesia instead of india. all other detail and document are right. what can be done ? is that a serious problem or just considered a typing error.
what to do?