+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hubby spoke with his MP

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
maplegal86 said:
That's ridiculous!

Why can't your partner go to Canada? Or do you have to reapply after an appeal? I'm really clueless about how appeals work.
Mexicans require a visa to enter Canada (as of April 2009) It doesnt matter what stage you are in !!!!! and im too paranoid to go to Mexico.

They dont care and I gave up on 'begging' long ago !

I know in my heart my partner will be with me eventually. !!!! I will contiinue to pray !!!!! ???

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Rob_TO said:
The MP can't "speed things up" if you are under the posted times. They just basically told you to expect the times on the CIC website, and get back to them if your time goes a few months longer. In all honesty i don't think your MP actually contacted the CIC on your behalf in this case.

What I actually meant was applicants have been getting their first stage completed rather first,between four and five months even though it says six on their website!
I know that the MP can't speed up anything but I also know she spoke to them given the information she relayed to me which she had no way of knowing otherwise!!!-You are entitled to your opinion however :)

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
gsize said:
We can only hope!!!-Faith is what's getting us through this process!-I choose to hold on to whatever is positive! :)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Mrembo said:
I know that the MP can't speed up anything but I also know she spoke to them given the information she relayed to me which she had no way of knowing otherwise!!!
Sounds like you have a VERY good and thorough MP then who actually cares about their constituents. Most won't even give you the time of day unless you've been waiting longer than the posted times.

I'm curious though, if you know they can't speed up the process, why did you contact them in the first place? If they could actually do anything, they would probably be getting hundreds of calls from people just looking to speed the process up.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
gsize said:
Mexicans require a visa to enter Canada (as of April 2009) It doesnt matter what stage you are in !!!!! and im too paranoid to go to Mexico.
Why? Mexico is beautiful! I've gone there each of the past 2 years. This is to Maya Riviera area mind you... but even if they're in a big city you should meet your partner in a nicer part of the country and have nice vacations and then you can see each other!

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
CanadianJeepGuy said:
True story.

Are inland applications now processing faster than outland ones? Anybody know. I thought inland takes 2 years?
Things are changing for inland applications. My 2011 application took 1.5 years for a normal - no complication application. (Except for medicals expiring) Vegreville went through some kind of computer program change. Nothing happened for months in 2012 and then sometime around August 2012 they ripped through applications and handed out AIPs like crazy. Then some of those got 2nd stage very quickly. So, I'm willing to bet some people got inland permanent residency within about a year.
At the same time, they closed the Buffalo office which really hurt the American outland applications. So, the timelines are really in flux right now. But things should be more predictable and faster for 2012 inland applications and beyond.

So, you picks your horse and you takes your chances...

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Rob_TO said:
Sounds like you have a VERY good and thorough MP then who actually cares about their constituents. Most won't even give you the time of day unless you've been waiting longer than the posted times.

I'm curious though, if you know they can't speed up the process, why did you contact them in the first place? If they could actually do anything, they would probably be getting hundreds of calls from people just looking to speed the process up.
I can't comment about the MP being "good"or "bad" all I can say is their office spoke to CIC on our behalf and advocated for us!-I actually approached them regarding my rejected work permit which I had applied to renew last year,they were able to get information regarding my spouse sponsorship while at it!!-It had nothing to do with speeding up anything!-I waited six years for my PRRA application just to be asked to send a sponsorship app, so believe you me,am aware of the waiting game :(