+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HSE Related Jobs

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Hi Group Members,

I am a HSE professional and recently received my PR , completed my landing and came back to my home country.

Any group member can suggest / advice what skills , training's are required for HSE professional to find a job in Canada.

Thanks in advance

Cheers :)

Qureishi

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Qureshi - if you are in occupational safety, then typical certifications are OHS certificate/CRSP which are required by employers. For construction/field safety an NCSO is also preferred. As far as I know, these certifications are very difficult to obtain if you are not physically in Canada. Another option could be the US based ASP/CSP certifications through BCSP which are recognized in Canada.

For Process safety, typically employers require a P.Eng or an eligibility to obtain P.Eng.

Hope this helps.

martina_p

Star Member
May 15, 2010
croatia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER DEC 05
IELTS Request
sent with app.
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02... add doc sent 03.03
Passport Req..
...RPPR... req. April 08
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
Hi ...i need help ..i dont know where to start ...
ok i have Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety diploma assessment made by ICAS ...
do i have to make another diploma assessment so i can start work? i know that i dont have any Canadian exp. so i cant get credentials from OHSA BOARD..
my take some course to lean basics??
i dont know where to start??
HELP

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
martina_p said:
Hi ...i need help ..i dont know where to start ...
ok i have Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety diploma assessment made by ICAS ...
do i have to make another diploma assessment so i can start work? i know that i dont have any Canadian exp. so i cant get credentials from OHSA BOARD..
my take some course to lean basics??
i dont know where to start??
HELP
Martina, if you are already in Canada, look into the OHST and NCSO designations. These are entry level certifications for people with some experience (bonus points if you already have a degree in OHS). Also look into Associate Safety Professional/Certified Safety Professional or the Canadian equivalent of CRSP.

Most jobs in safety (especially Occupational Safety) require these certifications before employers will consider your resume. Diploma assessments, unless required by any of the above-mentioned certifying bodies, may not be the most efficient path.

My background is in Process Safety and not occupational safety, so a P.Eng is sufficient (and required) for this role.

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Hi FDK ,

Thanks for your prompt response.

If you are in Canada right now , please tell what is the job market for safety professionals ?

I belongs to Pakistan and currently working in Saudi Arabia for last ten years in OHS field.I am a PR card holder.

Is there any online training which can be beneficial to find a job in Canada ?

Appreciate your kind reply and guidance.

Regards
Qureishi

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qureishi said:
Hi FDK ,

Thanks for your prompt response.

If you are in Canada right now , please tell what is the job market for safety professionals ?

I belongs to Pakistan and currently working in Saudi Arabia for last ten years in OHS field.I am a PR card holder.

Is there any online training which can be beneficial to find a job in Canada ?

Appreciate your kind reply and guidance.

Regards
Qureishi
Hi Qureishi, my background is not in occupational safety, so can't comment on online trainings etc. However, typical job postings list NCSO, OHST, CRSP etc as requirements. The US-based CSP certification is considered the equivalent to the Canadian CRSP. As far as I know, only the CSP certification can be obtained from outside North America (CRSP requires physical presence in Canada).

If you can write the CSP exam successfully, that should be helpful in the job-hunting process. As far as the market is concerned, the situation in Alberta in the Oil/Gas market is not encouraging. However, other provinces with industries not linked to Oil/Gas (manufacturing, petrochemicals, fertilizers) are still hiring, albeit with a higher degree of selectivity due to the availability of a lot of applicants.

martina_p

Star Member
May 15, 2010
croatia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER DEC 05
IELTS Request
sent with app.
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02... add doc sent 03.03
Passport Req..
...RPPR... req. April 08
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
fdk511 said:
Martina, if you are already in Canada, look into the OHST and NCSO designations. These are entry level certifications for people with some experience (bonus points if you already have a degree in OHS). Also look into Associate Safety Professional/Certified Safety Professional or the Canadian equivalent of CRSP.

Most jobs in safety (especially Occupational Safety) require these certifications before employers will consider your resume. Diploma assessments, unless required by any of the above-mentioned certifying bodies, may not be the most efficient path.

My background is in Process Safety and not occupational safety, so a P.Eng is sufficient (and required) for this role.
hy..tnx for answer..im already in canada and I have PR card..but i dont have experience in OHS ..i came in canada as a Propety manager but i have degree also in OHS ...and i would like to start here In OHS..OK I will check these things that you said ..