+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How will a Ideal story of IT professional succees look like?

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ideal story of success of a IT professional will have following key features -

-Landed with full money 10,000
-In lust of good paying job, wasted 6 months of starting, kept looking for good job and lived average life of apartment
-When balance was 78.98 CAD in Bank Account, could not sleep all night
-Removed Netfilx membership, Sold Car, Cancelled all insurance policies, disconnected cable and all money sucking facilities
-moved to tiny room of 400 a month from apartment of 1200 a month
-got a night shift job of 10$ an hour
-Worked hard few months while keep applying for a good job
-Got a job offer of contract role
-After few months, got all services back

Any story on this theam? This will be inspiring to everyone who working low paying job in hope of a proper IT job. Location could be Calgary or Edmonton

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is your story as you are worth that much. Dont worry about others who actually have skills and right attitude.

joco

Apr 20, 2012
Hello:

Well, my story is quite different.

I've arrived and found my first job in IT (Software Quality assurance) in about 1 month, but I needed month and a half to start due to having to prepare the contract and send many forms etc...

I didn't really like the place so I quit myself.

In 1 week I've found another place that I'm working and I'm quite happy with it.

On this second job they accepted to sponsor me thru BC PNP program and I've done so and in fact my medical exams were performed last week and I'm waiting for the next steps.

What I've learned from Canada is that you've got to change your mind a lot, you've got to be open and prepare to understand the values of this culture and adapt to it.

I don't believe I can be the one to follow, but I sincerely believe your case exist, but also my case also exists. What I mean with this is that people with "good" and "bad" "luck" exist in each and every case and what you've reported here is extremely demoralizing for any person who reads this forum, but in fact my life has changed a lot since I've came to Canada (in the good sense).

Wish you the best and hope your story changes to go better.

Best regards