+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to transfer money regurlarly from India to Canada????

pranjal1989

Oct 16, 2013
Hi friends,
I will be moving to Canada in December.I have few questions

1. What is the best way to transfer money from India to Canada regularly?

2. What banks can i use to transfer money from India, which can be operated there.

3. If my parents deposit money here in India at a bank which has branches there in Canada, at the time of withdrawal will i be charged with some currency exchange fees?

Please help me on that .

Thanks

twentyone

Jul 23, 2013
India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
IELTS Request
8 bands
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
I dont know the best way but here are the few options:

1. Through a wire transfer... like you sent your college fees and GIC but its time consuming and a bit expensive.

2. Open an account with an Indian bank such as SBI, ICICI, PNB that have branches there and use their debit card. The card comes with a daily limit of atleast $500 or so (Not Sure but it wont be any less). Very nominal charges on each transaction or probably no charges, check with the bank's website.

3. The illegal route of Hawala but its risky, therefore not reccomended.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pranjal1989 said:
Hi friends,
I will be moving to Canada in December.I have few questions

1. What is the best way to transfer money from India to Canada regularly?

2. What banks can i use to transfer money from India, which can be operated there.

3. If my parents deposit money here in India at a bank which has branches there in Canada, at the time of withdrawal will i be charged with some currency exchange fees?

Please help me on that .

Thanks
Wire transfer in a Canadian account from India (TAT for TT-wire transfer is 3 days) and it comes with a wire transfer fee and Forex charges.

Second option, open an account with any Indian National bank which can issue you an international debit card. Usually every withdrawal will cost you a fee of 125 rupees plus forex charges (when the machine will dispense money, they will give you CAD at the rate of their selling price).

Cheers!

sinestra

Apr 28, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Passport Req..
08-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
I have opened an NRE account in SBI with the intention of transferring money to India.
Now I see that there is no way to perform an Inter Bank transfer.
I am yet to check with my bank. But I would still like to know if anyone knows how to transfer money directly to SBI NRE account.