Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
You need to study hard.

There are resources online available for this. I bought an IELTS study pack online from Amazon.

From experience and interaction with people, Writing has to be the biggest concern, as this is where alot of people fail to achieve the mark they need.

For you to do really well, you need to score 8 in Listening and 7 in all other 3 sections. So make sure you know how the test is scored and look at the grading scheme. All this is available in a google search.

Most importantly, know where your weak in English and practice hard.

Good luck

razanroro

Sep 13, 2015
Hello .plz can you help me I want to buy from amazon ielts books 1234568and 10 I found there is new books and used one my problem I never buy through the net would you guide me me .I really need the books I want to pass the test as soon as possible.thanks in advance

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
razanroro said:
Hello .plz can you help me I want to buy from amazon ielts books 1234568and 10 I found there is new books and used one my problem I never buy through the net would you guide me me .I really need the books I want to pass the test as soon as possible.thanks in advance
What do you need help with? How to purchase the books from amazon, or help choosing which books to buy?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
razanroro said:
Hello . how I buy the books from amazon thanks
What Country are you in? You need to locate the book on amazon.co.uk.

Depending on your country, they may or may not ship to your address. So it really depends on the country you're in and if they have a local amazon operation there.

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are a lot of good resources on youtube and some good practice sites. In my case i never touched any books except for giving tests. Give as many tests as possible, that's the only way to build confidence. I studied for about 2 weeks and gave 12-15 tests. My score was L,R - 9 and S,W - 7.5, overall 8.5. Let me know if you need any help with resources.

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
razanroro said:
Plz l have one question are you English native speaker????you achieved good band.
no english is my second language. i am from India.

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
moonpat83 said:
no english is my second language. i am from India.
Hello moonpat83,
I am also from India and my IELTS is booked for Nov 21,2015 through IDP.
Can you please share in details how you prepared for the test. You have very good scores.
Please let me know.
TIA.

techie007

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-12-2017
Doc's Request.
21-12-2017
Nomination.....
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2018
Med's Request
10-01-2018
Med's Done....
01-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
Hi Ichowdhury,

My speaking is tomorrow and L,R,W is scheduled on 26th september. I am currently preparing from the cambridge university pdf's which are available online and also the IELTS practice test book which I got from IDP when I registered for the exam. Hope you have received the book as well, and I guess that is sufficient for the preparation, just need to practice a lot. I found writing to be OK since I write plenty of emails at work, so I guess I just need to be careful with my punctuation. On the other hand, I am finding Reading and Listening a bit tricky, if I can use that word because you have just an hour to read through all three passages and answer for the reading test and on the other hand, listening requires more attention and need to be focused on what you hear since the audio wouldn't be played a second time and it goes by quickly. I just need to practice for a bit.

I suggest you to watch video's on youtube and check resources online, prepare from the IELTS practice book which you get from IDP, that should be sufficient. Good Luck.

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
techie007 said:
Hi Ichowdhury,

My speaking is tomorrow and L,R,W is scheduled on 26th september. I am currently preparing from the cambridge university pdf's which are available online and also the IELTS practice test book which I got from IDP when I registered for the exam. Hope you have received the book as well, and I guess that is sufficient for the preparation, just need to practice a lot. I found writing to be OK since I write plenty of emails at work, so I guess I just need to be careful with my punctuation. On the other hand, I am finding Reading and Listening a bit tricky, if I can use that word because you have just an hour to read through all three passages and answer for the reading test and on the other hand, listening requires more attention and need to be focused on what you hear since the audio wouldn't be played a second time and it goes by quickly. I just need to practice for a bit.

I suggest you to watch video's on youtube and check resources online, prepare from the IELTS practice book which you get from IDP, that should be sufficient. Good Luck.
Hello techie007,
First of all "Best of luck" for your test tomorrow. May you score the best of all.
Yes I have received the study material from IDP. I attempted the first practice test in reading and performed miserably :(
Let me practice a couple of samples more. That should help me improve. Thanks for your help.

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ichowdhury said:
Hello moonpat83,
I am also from India and my IELTS is booked for Nov 21,2015 through IDP.
Can you please share in details how you prepared for the test. You have very good scores.
Please let me know.
TIA.
Hi Ichowdhury,

Well i practiced a lot with sample tests. Watch the IELTS section "English with Emma" on youtube. That's the only formal training you will require, then go straight to giving tests, there is no other alternative. If you do alright with IDP material then you are sure to get good score in the actual test. The actual test is considerably easier than the IDP tests. For speaking you have to be comfortable thinking in english, because we as indians think in our native language and then translate that into english.

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
moonpat83 said:
Hi Ichowdhury,

Well i practiced a lot with sample tests. Watch the IELTS section "English with Emma" on youtube. That's the only formal training you will require, then go straight to giving tests, there is no other alternative. If you do alright with IDP material then you are sure to get good score in the actual test. The actual test is considerably easier than the IDP tests. For speaking you have to be comfortable thinking in english, because we as indians think in our native language and then translate that into english.
Thanks moonpat83. Will follow your advice. In case of any queries may I inbox you?