+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Sponsor Dependant Child?

cecfm

Jun 6, 2014
Hello,
My wife want to sponsor her child (8 year old) using the family sponsor class. She is a PR.
From the instruction guide, it said the immigration form has to be filled by the principle applicant (the person being sponsored).
So that means the 8-year-old child has to fill out and sign the form? That sounds strange.. :eek:
So my question is who should be filling out the form (IMM 0008, IMM5669, etc)

Thank you for your time viewing my post and your advice.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Hi,
Just to confirm, did your wife declare her child as non-accompanying in her application for PR?

cecfm

Jun 6, 2014
keesio said:
Hi,
Just to confirm, did your wife declare her child as non-accompanying in her application for PR?
Thank you for your reply keesio.
Yes she did listed the child as non-accompanying but the child still did medical.
Although my wife has the custody, the biological father will not sign the form IMM5604 (which is required in CEC).

Luckily for sponsorship of child, IMM5604 is not required in my wife's region (General Asia, Instruction Guide IMM 3907E).
That is the reason we sponsor the child after we got PR from CEC.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
cecfm said:
Thank you for your reply keesio.
Yes she did listed the child as non-accompanying but the child still did medical.
Although my wife has the custody, the biological father will not sign the form IMM5604 (which is required in CEC).

Luckily for sponsorship of child, IMM5604 is not required in my wife's region (General Asia, Instruction Guide IMM 3907E).
That is the reason we sponsor the child after we got PR from CEC.
Unless she has legal documents granting her full custody of the child, you will still be required to submit IMM5604. CIC will not approve the immigration of a child without the permission of the non-accompanying parent.

CanJammer

Sep 16, 2014
Hi
Im applying for my husband and his son from Jamaica and the did mother sign the IMM5604 does CIC still contact her child mother...I ask because I believe she is having second thought....and she really hasn't been in the child life, his father has been taking care of him since he has been 2 years old now 13

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CanJammer said:
Hi
Im applying for my husband and his son from Jamaica and the did mother sign the IMM5604 does CIC still contact her child mother...I ask because I believe she is having second thought....and she really hasn't been in the child life, his father has been taking care of him since he has been 2 years old now 13
Hi

No, CIC will not contact her. However, she can contact CIC to revoke her permission for the child to immigrate.

cecfm

Jun 6, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Unless she has legal documents granting her full custody of the child, you will still be required to submit IMM5604. CIC will not approve the immigration of a child without the permission of the non-accompanying parent.
Hi canuck, Thank you for your reply.
My wife has legal documents showing she has full custody, can execute rights for the child. As IMM5604 is not on the document check list. I think we will go ahead with submitting the application.
But from internet searching, I have read that some people was requested IMM5604 at later stage.. so there is no certainty..

But my concern is, who should be filling out the immigration forms? (IMM 0008, IMM5669, etc)
From the instruction guide, it said the person being sponsored is the principal applicant, which means is the 8 year old child? that sounds strange..
I will try to contact the CIC agents and hopefully they know the answer.

CanJammer

Sep 16, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

No, CIC will not contact her. However, she can contact CIC to revoke her permission for the child to immigrate.
OMG that is the best news ive heard :D :D...we got her to sign another letter which was also signed by a JP stating his dad is the primary caregiver....she doesn't have the good sense to call CIC.. I just want my step son to have a better life but I was told that they do call the VOs in Jamaica but if the don't then yeah