+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to sponsor 1 year old daughter?

Esraa

Feb 13, 2014
I need to Sponsor my 1 year daughter
Me, my husband and my older daughter landed in Toronto July 2013 and left back to Egypt end of Sept. 2013, I gave birth to my younger daughter March 2014, now we want to come back to Canada but we can't bring our younger daughter coz she doesn't have any papers. Please advice how can we sponsor her (in details) and do we have to be currently staying in Canada to apply for the sponsorship ? because I can't leave her over in Egypt, and come without her .
How long would it take to get her PR? can I bring her to Canada before the papers of sponsorship are finished?
Waiting for ur replies
thank you

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Esraa said:
I need to Sponsor my 1 year daughter
Me, my husband and my older daughter landed in Toronto July 2013 and left back to Egypt end of Sept. 2013, I gave birth to my younger daughter March 2014, now we want to come back to Canada but we can't bring our younger daughter coz she doesn't have any papers. Please advice how can we sponsor her (in details) and do we have to be currently staying in Canada to apply for the sponsorship ? because I can't leave her over in Egypt, and come without her .
How long would it take to get her PR? can I bring her to Canada before the papers of sponsorship are finished?
Waiting for ur replies
thank you
Since you are a permanent resident and not a citizen yet the only option for you to sponsor her is WITHIN Canada, I.e. you must be living in Canada to be able to sponsor.
You should apply for a visitor visa for her, come together to Canada and then initiate the sponsorship from here.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Either you or your husband must be residing in Canada to submit the PR application. Children's apps must be OUTLAND applications, so in order for her to stay in Canada you must get her a TRV or TRP and keep extending it in Canada for her to stay here as a visitor while her outland PR app is in process.

You need to plan for the likely situation that her TRV/TRP will be rejected, so she will need to stay in Egypt during the processing (probably around 1 year). If you decide to stay with her while your husband returns to submit her application, you need to keep an eye on your own PR status as based on your timeline you may come close to not meeting residency obligations (which will happen once you spend 3 years outside Canada).