+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to send passport for visa?

ib90

Mar 18, 2016
Hi all!

I applied for a PR from within Canada under the old, pre-EE system. I finally got my ready for visa email earlier this week, but I'm a little confused about how I should send my passport and documents over.

The email says to:

Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9
Does that mean it has to be regular mail? Can I send it via courier (Xpresspost)? Any tips or advice?
I'm just a little concerned since they didn't specify a separate courier address.

Thanks!

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
no its not regular go to any canada post n ask for 2 prepaid xpress envelops n they will guide u :) i jst sent mine 2 days ago.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
As said, Only by Canada Posts, express post, include a pre paid express post envelope inside.

Keep record of both tracking numbers.

Do it ASAP

morgos47

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Nomination.....
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
19-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
20-04-2016
I am in Canada and I've sent my passport to the wrong address (The Laurier Ave one that is for people sending passports from the USA) instead of the PO Box 9780.

I have sent an email to the Ottawa office CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Any thoughts?

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you will be fine, just wait for response from an email. Hope they will get back to you soon.

ddtoronto

Apr 28, 2016
Meya06 said:
I think you will be fine, just wait for response from an email. Hope they will get back to you soon.
Have they replied to your email? Does anybody know if it matters if you mistakenly send the passport to 365 Laurier West from within Canada after receiving PPR?

Hope all went well for you!! :D

Sai27

Sep 21, 2017
I am in Canada and I've sent my passport to the wrong address (The Laurier Ave one that is for people sending passports from the USA) instead of the PO Box 9780.

I have sent an email to the Ottawa office CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Any thoughts?

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Hi

I did the same mistake . Please let me know what happened for you Do I need to contact the ottawa office ?

Thanks!

pak25300

Aug 4, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
13-10-2017
Hi

I did the same mistake . Please let me know what happened for you Do I need to contact the ottawa office ?

Thanks!
They are basically in the same building. Send them an email to Ottawa office, and check it through IRCC call centre about it.