Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
CIC added a note to its call centre webpage recently, perhaps two or three weeks ago. It says to call them only if you are in certain kinds of situations. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp#callcentre

I've tried to get through to them several times recently, but was unsuccessful each time. I follow the options they offer, and after several minutes navigating through their menu, I'll invariably hear something like "We cannot transfer your call to an agent. CIC is currently experiencing high call volumes. Please visit our website." It sounds very definite, as if they don't want you to try again. This didn't happen in the past.

But here on the forum, several people have reported getting through to a call centre agent and receiving information about their file, even though it's still within the normal time frame. Unfortunately, there are few details of how they managed it.

So I'd like to hear from people who have been able to reach the call centre in the last couple of weeks. How did you do it? Are there any particular options you select? Is it easier to get through in the morning? In French? Thanks.

motorcyclerider

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Taipei
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/25/2012
AOR Received.
10/5/2012 - AOR 2: 10/22/2012
File Transfer...
10/14/2012
Med's Done....
7/17/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11/8/2012
VISA ISSUED...
11/23/2012
LANDED..........
Spring 2013
Trying calling a few minutes before 8am. Memorize the extension numbers so you don't need to listen to the whole recording before pressing the number for the next option. Keep calling. I got through on my third try the first time. And the second time I called I got though right away but by accident. I accidentally hit the wrong extension to some other department, the lady on the line was nice enough to directly connect me through.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
frege said:
CIC added a note to its call centre webpage recently, perhaps two or three weeks ago. It says to call them only if you are in certain kinds of situations. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp#callcentre

I've tried to get through to them several times recently, but was unsuccessful each time. I follow the options they offer, and after several minutes navigating through their menu, I'll invariably hear something like "We cannot transfer your call to an agent. CIC is currently experiencing high call volumes. Please visit our website." It sounds very definite, as if they don't want you to try again. This didn't happen in the past.

But here on the forum, several people have reported getting through to a call centre agent and receiving information about their file, even though it's still within the normal time frame. Unfortunately, there are few details of how they managed it.

So I'd like to hear from people who have been able to reach the call centre in the last couple of weeks. How did you do it? Are there any particular options you select? Is it easier to get through in the morning? In French? Thanks.
Some people have reported that it is easier to get through if you select french because there is less french speakers among the immigrants... so if you speak french enough to understand the options, you could also try that. at the end of the line, the person should still be able to speak both french and english, but maybe you'll get through easier? can not guarantee anything!
Good luck,
Sweden

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Thanks to both motorcyclerider and Sweden for your suggestions. I was able to get through today. I pressed 0 when it asked me to enter my client number, and it transferred me.