+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to process ECA for wife's eduction?

mihirbhatt85

Jun 5, 2017
I have studied BE(Mechanical) and my wife has done BCom. I learnt from other posts that it shall improve my points if I also add my wife's ECA results while create my profile. I have selected WES as assessment organisation. Now the question is do I need to send the certificates and transcripts of mine and my wife together in one envelope for combined points or I need to apply for ECA separately via separate applications.

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
You'd have to apply for ECA for each of you as if they are two independently applications. We did the same way.
I have read about some people sending two applications in the same courier to save money and being successful. However its not advisable due to huge number of applications being sent now.
You can call WES to check, we did it by IQAS.

Also for sealed envelopes which will be sent directly from the university, they must be separate couriers.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
I have studied BE(Mechanical) and my wife has done BCom. I learnt from other posts that it shall improve my points if I also add my wife's ECA results while create my profile. I have selected WES as assessment organisation. Now the question is do I need to send the certificates and transcripts of mine and my wife together in one envelope for combined points or I need to apply for ECA separately via separate applications.
You can send them in one package - I have done it successfully. Sumit two separate applications and get the reference numbers after paying the fee - one ECA cannot only be for one applicant. Get your transcripts in separate sealed enveloped from the university for you and spouse and you can send them in one package. On the outer one, you can either put both or no reference numbers - inside have 2 separate packets for each one of you with the corresponding reference number - as has been said make sure transcripts are sealed. You will have to include your degree copies as well but those need not be in the sealed envelope since they will be provided by you

mihirbhatt85

Jun 5, 2017
You'd have to apply for ECA for each of you as if they are two independently applications. We did the same way.
I have read about some people sending two applications in the same courier to save money and being successful. However its not advisable due to huge number of applications being sent now.
You can call WES to check, we did it by IQAS.

Also for sealed envelopes which will be sent directly from the university, they must be separate couriers.
Thank you very much for your advise.

mihirbhatt85

Jun 5, 2017
You can send them in one package - I have done it successfully. Sumit two separate applications and get the reference numbers after paying the fee - one ECA cannot only be for one applicant. Get your transcripts in separate sealed enveloped from the university for you and spouse and you can send them in one package. On the outer one, you can either put both or no reference numbers - inside have 2 separate packets for each one of you with the corresponding reference number - as has been said make sure transcripts are sealed. You will have to include your degree copies as well but those need not be in the sealed envelope since they will be provided by you
Thanks. Really appreciated.