+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to pay biometric fee for an online application

ehsanshah

Aug 13, 2018
Dear all,

Due to some technical problem on the CIC website the payment didn't include the biometric fee so I paid 150 CAD. After I sent a web form and asked them for a solution they updated my application which now has a section that is asked me to provide "Payment Receipt" and they also sent me a pdf which said I have to pay 85 CAD for biometric.

Now, I don't know how to pay this 85 CAD (in order to upload the payment receipt).

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

ehsanshah

Aug 13, 2018
Did they not provide instructions?

If not you can pay at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp
Select Temporary Residence and then put 1 in biometric field.
Thanks for your reply, I think that must be the only way. They said: "To provide the requested document(s), go to the MyCIC Welcome Page and click on the ‘’View Checklist’’ button beside your application number on your MyCIC Welcome Page and follow the instructions provided on that page."

But there is no View Checklist in my profile. No instruction in anywhere to how should I pay the fee.

mukendi

Sep 14, 2018
Did they not provide instructions?

If not you can pay at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp
Select Temporary Residence and then put 1 in biometric field.
Thanks for your reply, I think that must be the only way. They said: "To provide the requested document(s), go to the MyCIC Welcome Page and click on the ‘’View Checklist’’ button beside your application number on your MyCIC Welcome Page and follow the instructions provided on that page."

But there is no View Checklist in my profile. No instruction in anywhere to how should I pay the fee.
hello dear
I am actually facing the same problem about paying the biometrics fee for my online application after receiving a letter from IRCC.
did you succeed to pay via that ?

thank you to answer me

Reactions: ehsanshah

ehsanshah

Aug 13, 2018
yes, I sent them an email and they told me I have to pay for biometric (85 CAD) through this link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=17 and then send them the receipt of my payment. after a couple of hours (and 2 days for one of my friends) they sent me the biometric letter.
all you need is contacting them through email or web form. (My embassy is in Ankara and they didn't answer the web from so I emailed them and they answered).

Reactions: mukendi

mukendi

Sep 14, 2018
yes, I sent them an email and they told me I have to pay for biometric (85 CAD) through this link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=17 and then send them the receipt of my payment. after a couple of hours (and 2 days for one of my friends) they sent me the biometric letter.
all you need is contacting them through email or web form. (My embassy is in Ankara and they didn't answer the web from so I emailed them and they answered).
thanks so much.
I have payed and received my biometrics letter.

Hew123

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
thanks so much.
I have payed and received my biometrics letter.
Hello,

I had the same problem.
They sent me a separate email 5 weeks after the application date.
In the email they had included me the biometrics instruction letter + request to pay the biometrics fee at the VAC before submitting the biometrics.

I paid the fees and submitted the biometrics.

Now i have a new concern.

When i check my "full application status" online I can see the biometrics details had been updated in the "applicant information" section.
The details such as biometrics number, enrolment and expiry dates.

However, in the "Details about your application" section, this is what i can see.

"We don't need your fingerprints.We will send you a message when this changes"

Is there anyone who can relate to this?
What should be the normal status in the details section after submitting the biometrics?

Thank you very much.

Reactions: LucileneS

GEBRU

May 5, 2019
trying to pay biometric fees for my wife coudnt get the payment page
any body can help please?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
trying to pay biometric fees for my wife coudnt get the payment page
any body can help please?
Is she applying TRV online? Is she answering all the questions correct? Biometrics fees will populate automatically with application fees at the time of filing the application. $100 + $85

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hello,

I had the same problem.
In the email they had included me the biometrics instruction letter + request to pay the biometrics fee at the VAC before submitting the biometrics.

When i check my "full application status" online I can see the biometrics details had been updated in the "applicant information" section.

However, in the "Details about your application" section, this is what i can see.

What should be the normal status in the details section after submitting the biometrics?

Thank you very much.
Fingerprints are not biometrics. Those are two separate things.

Fingerprints would be from an RCMP-accredited agency in Canada, or a similar process in your country of origin.

If there are biometrics related details in the applicant information section, the biometrics have been properly received.

Reactions: Hew123

LucileneS

Sep 16, 2019
Hello,

I had the same problem.

Thank you very much.

Hi! I got my AOR but i didn't knew that I should had paid the biometric fee until now! I thought they would request me to do that when they send a biometrics instruction letter. If I understood correctly you didn't paid as well and then they requested you to pay and the instruction letter at the same time. Is that correct? Thank you!

Hew123

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Hi! I got my AOR but i didn't knew that I should had paid the biometric fee until now! I thought they would request me to do that when they send a biometrics instruction letter. If I understood correctly you didn't paid as well and then they requested you to pay and the instruction letter at the same time. Is that correct? Thank you!
Hello,

As far as I know, biometrics fee will be added to the application fee at the time you apply online. But in my case, there was a glitch (i assume) in their system and I was charged only for the application fee. There were no field/button/checkbox for the biometrics fee.

That is why they sent me a instruction letter separately to pay the application fee at the VAC when I submitted the biometrics.
Hope this helps.

LucileneS

Sep 16, 2019
Hello,

As far as I know, biometrics fee will be added to the application fee at the time you apply online. But in my case, there was a glitch (i assume) in their system and I was charged only for the application fee. There were no field/button/checkbox for the biometrics fee.

That is why they sent me a instruction letter separately to pay the application fee at the VAC when I submitted the biometrics.
Hope this helps.

Weird, nothing showed up for me. I'll call tomorrow to confirm. Anyway I cannot pay tonight, it seems that the website is down. Thank you for answering and good luck!

Hew123

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
So, you didn't pay the biometrics fees at the time you submitted your online application?
And, now you received your biometrics request letter? but no instructions for the payment?

LucileneS

Sep 16, 2019
So, you didn't pay the biometrics fees at the time you submitted your online application?
And, now you received your biometrics request letter? but no instructions for the payment?
No, I didn't paid for biometric fee. Like I said I thought they would request that afterwards but no. They never requested anything, but issued my AOR letter.