+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Obtain New Zealand Police Certificate?

tevaths

Jan 24, 2012
My wife and I have applied for canadian PR(under MPNP programme) and are on the final stages of being approved/denied(hopefully!). We are living in US for the last 3 years, I am an Indian Citizen and my wife is a New Zealand Citizen. We were recently(about 3 months ago) asked by CIC office in Buffallo to provide them Police certificates from India (for me) and New Zealand (for my wife). I received mine from the indian consulate within 2 weeks but we are having difficulties in obtaining the new zealand police certificate.

I called the NZ embassy in DC and they told us that they do not provide any such document and the only document they can provide us, is a New Zealand Ministry of Justice certificate, which contains the criminal records (if any). This is the same information given on the NZ embassy website and NZ police website as well.

I also checked on the CIC website, they have this consent form that we are supposed to fill out and send to the CIC office and they will follow up with appropriate authorities in NZ and obtain the police certificates themselves. The form also says that the Ministry of Justice certificate will not be acceptable. BUT we have already done that and submitted the consent form to Buffallo office 3 months ago and still we received another letter from them asking for the NZ police certificate again.

What do we do now? since NZ embassy/police does not provide any police certificate and the only thing they can give us is a Ministry of Justice certificate, which is not acceptable to CIC.

Not sure what to do, they do not even take phone calls at Buffallo office. The only means to communicate is via email/fax/letters, for which they never respond!

Any guidance/help will be greatly appreciated.

OldMiltonian

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
Nomination.....
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
25-01-2012
Med's Request
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2012
LANDED..........
31-07-2012
Hello,

Your wife needs to fill out this consent form and mail it to Canadian immigration.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/new-zealand.asp

Cheers,

OM

camaleon

Feb 2, 2011
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2010
Doc's Request.
12-04-2011
Nomination.....
05-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/05/2012
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
CPP-Ottawa nov 2011
Med's Request
11/05/2012
Med's Done....
24/05/2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
18/09/2012
VISA ISSUED...
03/10/2012
Hi bud, i just to be living in New Zealand in 2008 to 2009 the police clearance you need are not coming from NZ Police, you have to fill a form and mail it to the minister of Justice , here is the web site and the instructions http://www.justice.govt.nz/services/criminal-records i have the same criminal record from them and works well from immigration canada , when i was living in Rotorua North Island it took 21 working days in get it , if you apply from other country i do not know how long it takes , hope this info works for you.

Cheers
Luis

camaleon

Feb 2, 2011
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2010
Doc's Request.
12-04-2011
Nomination.....
05-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/05/2012
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
CPP-Ottawa nov 2011
Med's Request
11/05/2012
Med's Done....
24/05/2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
18/09/2012
VISA ISSUED...
03/10/2012
something i forgot, it work well for CIC, but for a work permit do not know for permanent residence , so probably i will get the same letter from buffalo

That-_-Guy__

Feb 24, 2012
you cant use the ministry of justice police certificates for immigration. cic website states:

Important: Certificates issued by the New Zealand Ministry of Justice will not be accepted. The only acceptable certificate is issued by the New Zealand Police by using the application form below.

I cant post links yet though, just google it.

snowjunkie

Jun 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec, 2010
AOR Received.
April 25, 2011
Med's Request
Oct 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 12, 2011
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2012
Does anyone know if CIC asks for medicals to be completed before having the NZ criminal check done?

I'm from NZ, and it's hard knowing if CIC got it or not, since you can't really track you consent form, and don't see a copy of the certificate at all.

tevaths

Jan 24, 2012
Thank you all for your valuable feedbacks.

So I have tried:
1- Resending the NZ Consent form(downloaded from CIC website) to CIC Buffalo office, along with a cover letter explaining that THEY HAVE TO submit it themselves in order to obtain my wife's clearance certificate(as per the guidelines on the form). It's been almost 1.5 months since I sent them this form and obviously no word from them yet.
2- Contacted CIC sydney office, since the police certificate will be obtained via them. Sent them an email asking the status of the request, even though I knew they wouldn't disclose any info to the applicant directly, but still I tried and requested them to send the NZ certificate to CIC buffalo in case they have already received it. They replied back saying I should be contacting the Buffalo office if I have any questions. So no help there either.
3- I obtained a NZ ministry of justice certificate for my wife stating she has no criminal records and sent this to Buffalo office as well almost a month ago. Spoke to NZ Embassy and their police department, this is the only certificate they can provide. Although I know it's clearly mentioned on CIC website that they won't accept it, but given the circumstances I am in, I gave it a shot.
4- sent another letter and email to CIC buffalo office 2 weeks ago, asking if they need anything else from us, as THAT IS ALL WE COULD HAVE POSSIBLY DONE. guess what, no replies to email/letter yet.

Now after all that we have tried and still no word from them, I am sure they are going to send me another letter next week saying they are denying our application because we couldn't provide the police certificate. The deadline they provided in their last letter ends on March 19th. This is going beyond the limits of frustration, I am really not sure what the hell did I ever miss. So now that I am just waiting for their denial letter, I want to prepare myself to take some legal action against the Visa Officer assigned to my case.

Can somebody tell me how can I compliant against the VO? because clearly he/she doesn't know their own rules and guidelines written on their website. And on top of that, they don't even care to read all the highlighted cover letters/email I send to them with each corresponce, forget about replying back. Just because of their carelessness and uneducation about their own system, my family and I are going through this unnecessary stress.

Any help would be appreciated.

leoalive

Jul 12, 2011
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th Aug 2011 online MPNP
Nomination.....
Interviewed 22 aug 2011
AOR Received.
LOA received 23 Sep. 2011
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
File Transfer...
28 OCT 2011 AOR from NDVO 7 Nov.2011
Med's Request
14 NOv. 2011
Med's Done....
18 Nov.2011
Passport Req..
14 NOv. 2011
VISA ISSUED...
ECAS shows Decision Made 24 Sep. 2012 Passport back with Visa on 01 OCT 2012
LANDED..........
Within October 12
tevaths said:
Thank you all for your valuable feedbacks.

So I have tried:
1- Resending the NZ Consent form(downloaded from CIC website) to CIC Buffalo office, along with a cover letter explaining that THEY HAVE TO submit it themselves in order to obtain my wife's clearance certificate(as per the guidelines on the form). It's been almost 1.5 months since I sent them this form and obviously no word from them yet.
2- Contacted CIC sydney office, since the police certificate will be obtained via them. Sent them an email asking the status of the request, even though I knew they wouldn't disclose any info to the applicant directly, but still I tried and requested them to send the NZ certificate to CIC buffalo in case they have already received it. They replied back saying I should be contacting the Buffalo office if I have any questions. So no help there either.
3- I obtained a NZ ministry of justice certificate for my wife stating she has no criminal records and sent this to Buffalo office as well almost a month ago. Spoke to NZ Embassy and their police department, this is the only certificate they can provide. Although I know it's clearly mentioned on CIC website that they won't accept it, but given the circumstances I am in, I gave it a shot.
4- sent another letter and email to CIC buffalo office 2 weeks ago, asking if they need anything else from us, as THAT IS ALL WE COULD HAVE POSSIBLY DONE. guess what, no replies to email/letter yet.

Now after all that we have tried and still no word from them, I am sure they are going to send me another letter next week saying they are denying our application because we couldn't provide the police certificate. The deadline they provided in their last letter ends on March 19th. This is going beyond the limits of frustration, I am really not sure what the hell did I ever miss. So now that I am just waiting for their denial letter, I want to prepare myself to take some legal action against the Visa Officer assigned to my case.

Can somebody tell me how can I compliant against the VO? because clearly he/she doesn't know their own rules and guidelines written on their website. And on top of that, they don't even care to read all the highlighted cover letters/email I send to them with each corresponce, forget about replying back. Just because of their carelessness and uneducation about their own system, my family and I are going through this unnecessary stress.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Tevaths,

I am in same situation as yours. I already sent them a Consent form (as instructed on their website) about 3 months ago. Now 2 days back, i received a letter from New Delhi Visa office asking to provide police clearance. What the hell. So i sent them an e-mail to tell me what else they need ?

I have also applied for the same criminal records from ministry of justice as well. Will u plz tell me how long it took to get ur criminal records after u sent them the necessary docs with e-mail.

Don't know why they a re not satisfied with their own instructions. :( :( :( :( its going to delay the application by another 2-3 months i guess.

hoping for best.

manubobby

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
[b]New Delhi[/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]09/12/2013[/b]
AOR Received.
[b]04/01/2014[/b]
File Transfer...
[b]10/01/2014[/b]
Med's Done....
[b]15/11/2013[/b]
Interview........
[b]IN PROCESS: 31/07/2014 DM: 11/08/2014[b]
Passport Req..
[b]24/01/2014[/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b]07/08/2014[b]
LANDED..........
[b]19/09/2014[b]
hi guys,

I am in the same situation, i lived in New Zealand for a year as well, but I have only received my AOR from visa office New Delhi, they havent started processing my documents yet, I sent my documents to CIO and as per their request I had sent the consent form, and they confirmed that my application was complete... anyways .. lets wait and see what is going to happen. Although it is mentioned a certificate from Ministry of Justice is not acceptable, I have applied for one, its free anyways and I am assuming it should take about two weeks and I dont want to have any delay from my part. But, the funny thing is .. there are no other means of getting a police certificate from NZ apart from the ministy of justice .. so its really confusing.. anyways .. let me know what the status is guys .. cheers

king1984

May 3, 2013
Hi Tevaths, Leoalive, Mannubobby ..

I am facing the same situation here. I have applied for PR under SINP; and I also signed and sent that consent form for NZ police clearance as I lived in NZ for more than an year. Its been 2 months and I have got no reply/ update from Immigration.

Is there anything I can do to get an update about my file?

Thanks,
K Singh.