+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to input dates for multiple destination?

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
So during my stay outside of Canada, I visited multiple country but mainly live in one country. How can I fill up the schedule for my absense? Do I have to list every trip only if the destination is not the same? That will be very confusing....or just the date I leave and the date I enter, put many destination in this period?

Dec 14, 2014
You should list all your absences outside Canada. Each absence will be one line with a start date & end/return date.
If you visited more than one country during the same absence, list the first country in 'Destination' and list the other countries in the 'Reason' field.

You must list all absences from Canada even if accompanied by a family member who is a permanent resident or citizen of Canada, including trips for the purpose of business, pleasure or vacation, visits to family members, and trips to the United States, etc.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
You should list all your absences outside Canada. Each absence will be one line with a start date & end/return date.
If you visited more than one country during the same absence, list the first country in 'Destination' and list the other countries in the 'Reason' field.

You must list all absences from Canada even if accompanied by a family member who is a permanent resident or citizen of Canada, including trips for the purpose of business, pleasure or vacation, visits to family members, and trips to the United States, etc.
Say if I leave Canada from Jan 1st to May 1st, mainly in country A, but during this I I pay country B a visit from country A from Feb 1st to Mar 1st. I will give three line : From Jan 1st to Feb 1st, country A; from Feb 1st to Mar 1st, country B, from Mar 1st to May 1st, country A? Or just from Jan 1st to May 1st, country A, and put from Feb 1st to Mar 1st country B in reason?

To my understanding, all the dates put in for absence is out and in dates from Canada. It's clear and logical for count absence days. But if IRCC actually need to know where and when and for what reason when I was outside Canada, it could be a mess, if during the trip I visit 10 countries?

Dec 14, 2014
Just from Jan 1st to May 1st, country A, and put from Feb 1st to Mar 1st country B in reason.

I have no idea on why do they care for other countries visited during absence... may be to understand the stamps you may have on passport. :)

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
But I called IRCC, they confirm to put all the travel history like the first sample I mentioned. Thus should give many more lines to them...

nsrk

Star Member
May 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Med's Done....
14-08-2017
But I called IRCC, they confirm to put all the travel history like the first sample I mentioned. Thus should give many more lines to them...
Can you please tell me what you did finally with the dates? Did you put Country A in the destination and Country B in the reason? or separate entries for Country A and Country B?

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Can you please tell me what you did finally with the dates? Did you put Country A in the destination and Country B in the reason? or separate entries for Country A and Country B?
I listed all my trips according to the timeline. Each one has a purpose. Five years ago I did this and asked emergency service and the card was made on time but I was informed one month later, three days after my departure...had to go office to pick it up, with an expired PR card entering through land entry and show CBSA with the letter.
My case, is my spouse is citizen, so I calculated my days with my family aboard as a reason, and all other trips is not this purpose. Can only do this to verify my days staying with family. And I do have a lot of trips. If you are not for this reason, I guess you can just give your leaving Canada as one trip, and don't worry about any other trips in this trip. It's very easy for them to check your days in Canada through CBSA record and they don't care your travel details if you satisfy RO requirement.

Reactions: nsrk