+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to go for pr in saskatchewan

jay031

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
networksingh said:
I'm planning to pursue certificate course for 33 weeks in Saskatchewan at SIAST.
My questions are:
1) The work that you do while working, will that be counted as your work experience (Talking in reference to the work outside campus after initial 6 months )?
2) So when do you apply for the student work permit? (2 sub-questions)
> For working off campus permit after first 6 months? (which month should this permit be applied after starting of course )
> For working anywhere else permit (1 year permit = course duration), when your course is complete and college gives you successful completion acknowledgement then? (this probably has to be applied before ending of course, right? because otherwise you would be deported back to your country on completion? so when to apply for this work permit)
3) Also if you have been working for 960 hours=6 months (completed) then when should you apply for the extension of permit or pr if possible?
and when applied for how fast does it gets processed?

Please answer all the questions .... these are like the broken links of knowledge in my mind whose answers i seek to find to be at peace in Canada, Saskatchewan.
All these questions are because a friend of mine is there in Saskatchewan. He is there since 3 years still working at McD's because no PR. He A/F PR but the office closed and then his application was moved to some place else. I'm an IT professional and i don't wanna get there and be stuck in a McD's or KFC waiting for this PR.
1. Your off campus work experience does not count towards PNP experience requirement.
2. You can apply for off campus work permit right after 6 months of studies, but you will get it only after 2 months of processing, so the total waiting time is 8 months.
3. As I am a student in Canada, I understand one thing, no matter if you study in Saskatchewan or in Yukon, you can't do much with just a 1 year PGWP. Getting a Saskatchewan PNP + Federal Clearance on ground of health, security takes over 1 year. Saskatchewan PNP does not mean you will get permit renewal "automatically".

jay031

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
networksingh said:
i hope things are better towards British Columbia as you don't need to have any work experience to apply for pr....

You need 6 months in BC as well except for being a Master graduate in medical or natural science where you do not need a job offer.