+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get transcripts from Gujarat University for doing ECA through WES?

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I search this entire fourm for this info, but could not find any exact info regarding this.

I am sure there will be many applicants here who have done this process of getting transcripts/academic documents from Gujarat University. I need your valuable inputs to get this.

Well, I am applying for my spouse's ECA through WES and for that transcripts are must to be send documents.

My spouse have studied B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce) all 3 years in a college associated with Gujarat University.

Here All marksheets of her B.Com. and Degree Certificate are issued by Gujarat University.

So, pls help me to know that, in this case who will issue the transcripts?

Should I approach her college where she studied B.Com. for getting transcripts or these transcripts will be issued by Gujarat University?

If college will issue transcripts, then how to get it in sealed and stamped envelope from Gujarat University? Because, if I get it from College, then can I get it sealed and stamped in an envelope by college authorities?

Also, what documents are to be sent in case of Guj university to WES for doing ECA of B.Com.?
I have referred WES website, but got confused, so if anyone has done this process previously, pls share your experience and how you did it.

It will be of great help.
Thanks in advance. :)

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munjal said:
Hi,
I search this entire fourm for this info, but could not find any exact info regarding this.

I am sure there will be many applicants here who have done this process of getting transcripts/academic documents from Gujarat University. I need your valuable inputs to get this.

Well, I am applying for my spouse's ECA through WES and for that transcripts are must to be send documents.

My spouse have studied B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce) all 3 years in a college associated with Gujarat University.

Here All marksheets of her B.Com. and Degree Certificate are issued by Gujarat University.

So, pls help me to know that, in this case who will issue the transcripts?

Should I approach her college where she studied B.Com. for getting transcripts or these transcripts will be issued by Gujarat University?

If college will issue transcripts, then how to get it in sealed and stamped envelope from Gujarat University? Because, if I get it from College, then can I get it sealed and stamped in an envelope by college authorities?

Also, what documents are to be sent in case of Guj university to WES for doing ECA of B.Com.?
I have referred WES website, but got confused, so if anyone has done this process previously, pls share your experience and how you did it.

It will be of great help.
Thanks in advance. :)
Hi Munjal,

Based on your post , your wife's Mark sheets & Degree Certificates are from Gujarat University.But you confused about Transcript.
Now, Yes Transcript is also a mandatory thing too, it should be from Gujarat University not from a college with authorized Seal, Signed and Stamped by authorize person / controller of examination of Gujarat University.

What I suggest you to get all those Marksheets for each semesters Plus Transcript from Gujarat University with Seal, Sign and Stamped(Degree Certificate already from Guj University , so don't worry about it). I will share my experience how I had obtained docs from my University(Saurashtra University).

I had same issue all Marksheets and Degree cert issued by Saurashtra University except Transcript (From my college). So what I did, I obtained online form from my university to fill all the necessary information to obtain Marksheets and transcript issued by University with official Seal and Stamped. (You can check on Gujarat uni website whether they have that own form to obtain those docs, I believe for sure they do). once I got all docs(Marksheets & transcript )from University, then I have also added Degree certificate with it too, and sent to WES . Then it all works!!

I hope this info will help you to solve your query.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prishah said:
Hi Munjal,

Based on your post , your wife's Mark sheets & Degree Certificates are from Gujarat University.But you confused about Transcript.
Now, Yes Transcript is also a mandatory thing too, it should be from Gujarat University not from a college with authorized Seal, Signed and Stamped by authorize person / controller of examination of Gujarat University.

What I suggest you to get all those Marksheets for each semesters Plus Transcript from Gujarat University with Seal, Sign and Stamped(Degree Certificate already from Guj University , so don't worry about it). I will share my experience how I had obtained docs from my University(Saurashtra University).

I had same issue all Marksheets and Degree cert issued by Saurashtra University except Transcript (From my college). So what I did, I obtained online form from my university to fill all the necessary information to obtain Marksheets and transcript issued by University with official Seal and Stamped. (You can check on Gujarat uni website whether they have that own form to obtain those docs, I believe for sure they do). once I got all docs(Marksheets & transcript )from University, then I have also added Degree certificate with it too, and sent to WES . Then it all works!!

I hope this info will help you to solve your query.
Hi prishah,
thank you so much for answering to my query and providing this necessary info.

So, now I understood that I also need to send transcripts to WES.

but still I could not get the process of getting it from Guj univ when my spouse have done her B.Com. from college.
also I am not much clear about the online tool available on university site to get marksheets and transcripts.
pl can you share the link of your university where this online form is available?

this will give me some idea about it.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malhar2705 said:
Hi Munjal,

I got my WES sealed envelope from Gujarat University last month and I got my WES report last week. It took me nearly 20days to figure it out about the process from Gujarat University. It took time because I was searching and calling university from Canada. You need to go to Department of Examinations in Gujarat University with all your mark sheet and degree certificate copies. They will charge you around 850 INR. Tell them that you want official sealed envelope and mark sheets attested & dated. Process will take nearly 2 weeks.

Let me know if you have any question. My email id is malhar@ymail.com
Hi malhar2705,
thanks buddy, for providing such a useful info..
you have already relieved half of my stress and tension about this tedious process.

just wanted to know, if you have also sent transcripts to WES? if yes, then how did you get it? I mean you got it from Guj University or from the college you studied?

because in case of my spouse, she has studied from a college associated with Guj University, so I am in dilemma whether Guj University will issue transcripts or not?

thanks again bro :)

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I searched on Gujarat University website for online link/form to download for transcript.

but only below information was found on this link: http://www.gujaratuniversity.org.in/web/WebFAQ.asp

How to get Marksheet/Degree Certificate verified?

· Institute who wish to verify any Marksheet/Degree certificate issued by Gujarat University , need to submit a copy of Degree certificate and relevant marksheets in the examination section (Room No. 42) of Gujarat University along with Fee receipt amounting Rs. 200/- per Degree certificate verification or Rs. 50 per Marksheet Verification.
· Institute can send their application through post with demand draft of Rs. 200/- for Degree Verification or Rs. 50/- for Marksheet Verification in favour of “Registrar, Gujarat University ” or or by paying Rs. 200/- in cash at cash counter (Window No. 20) of Gujarat University
· The University will send necessary response within one month from the receipt of the documents to the respective Institution/Agency directly by post in sealed cover.
but there is nowhere any mention about transcripts and its issuance..

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malhar2705 said:
Hi Munjal,

You want WES report for immigration purpose or for study?

I did mine for immigration. You don't need to get transcripts for it. Simply go or send someone with your mark sheet and degree certificate copy and took it to Department of Examination in Gujarat University. Tell them what exactly what you want. I mean sealed envelope and you have to mention that I want my mark sheet attested and dated. Before that register with WES and get reference number. Give Canada's WES address to Gujarat University. That's it. Your envelope will be ready in 10-12 days and send it directly to WES. That's it. Let me know if you have any more question.
Hi malhar2705,
are you sure that transcripts are not required to be sent to WES??

because from this link on wes canada website, below things are mentioned. (pls check the point 2 of this)

http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/requireddocuments/index.asp?lctryid=2

Required Documents How to Send Documents

1. Final or Provisional Degree Certificate

Examples: Bachelor Degree, Master Degree, Postgraduate Diploma, Doctorate

AND

Forward a legible copy of the document to WES.

2. Annual Statement of Marks / Academic Transcript

An official document issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations (e.g. university, constituent or autonomous college). It lists all subjects/papers taken and marks earned for each year of study.

NOTES:
WES does not accept mark sheets that have been issued and/or attested by the college you attended unless from an autonomous or constituent college. To check whether your college has autonomous status click here.

Arrange for the documents to be sent directly to WES by the university or autonomous college responsible for conducting the examinations.

-OR-

If the document is given to you to forward to WES, it must be attested & dated and placed in an official sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the institution that conducted the examination. If the envelope has been opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, the document will not be accepted by WES.

NOTE:
WES only accepts documents attested and sealed by the designated official at the institution that conducted the examination (e.g. Controller of Examination or Registrar's Offices). Attestations by individual professors, officials at affiliated colleges, or external notary publics will not be accepted.

Download the academic records request form.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malhar2705 said:
Hi,

I have submitted only my mark sheets and degree certificate to Gujarat University. They did everything which was required. Again, don't forget to mention WES and its Canadian address when you submit your docs. I got my WES approval last week. I did BCA from Ahmedabad.
ok, thanks bro for this info.

Is it required to give WES reference number too while submitting documents to Guj Univ?
because I will not be having WES ref number at that time, as I am thinking of creating WES profile only after I receive attested documents from WES?

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malhar2705 said:
No worries. Anyhow, you need to get reference number then get it first and give it Gujarat University. Uni will make an envelope with address on it. I had uni stamps on address to. Give me your email id I will send you screenshot of my envelope that Uni made for my WES process. So, you will know better why to get reference number first.
Ok. I have sent my email in PM to you. Pls check.
thanks

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munjal said:
Hi prishah,
thank you so much for answering to my query and providing this necessary info.

So, now I understood that I also need to send transcripts to WES.

but still I could not get the process of getting it from Guj univ when my spouse have done her B.Com. from college.
also I am not much clear about the online tool available on university site to get marksheets and transcripts.
pl can you share the link of your university where this online form is available?

this will give me some idea about it.
It is showing here on following link :
http://www.saurashtrauniversity.edu/img/file/Exam/Form/New%20All%20in%20One%20Form%2005-11-15.pdf

It's a all in one form, I'm in Canada but my dad went to university to get things done and send a sealed envelop with attest marksheets and transcript over to me.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prishah said:
It is showing here on following link :
http://www.saurashtrauniversity.edu/img/file/Exam/Form/New%20All%20in%20One%20Form%2005-11-15.pdf

It's a all in one form, I'm in Canada but my dad went to university to get things done and send a sealed envelop with attest marksheets and transcript over to me.
hi prishah,
thanks bro for sharing this info..

I searched on Gujarat University website for online link/form to download for transcript.

but only below information was found on this link: http://www.gujaratuniversity.org.in/web/WebFAQ.asp

How to get Marksheet/Degree Certificate verified?

· Institute who wish to verify any Marksheet/Degree certificate issued by Gujarat University , need to submit a copy of Degree certificate and relevant marksheets in the examination section (Room No. 42) of Gujarat University along with Fee receipt amounting Rs. 200/- per Degree certificate verification or Rs. 50 per Marksheet Verification.
· Institute can send their application through post with demand draft of Rs. 200/- for Degree Verification or Rs. 50/- for Marksheet Verification in favour of “Registrar, Gujarat University ” or or by paying Rs. 200/- in cash at cash counter (Window No. 20) of Gujarat University
· The University will send necessary response within one month from the receipt of the documents to the respective Institution/Agency directly by post in sealed cover.
no online link to download transcripts request form or such related form..

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munjal said:
hi prishah,
thanks bro for sharing this info..

no online link to download transcripts request form or such related form..
Munjal,

Probably, every university has different approach. I suggest you to contact Gujarat uni by phone see what they are saying to you about obtaining Markseets & Transcript in sealed envelop.
On WES website I found something for Gujarat University.
http://www.wes.org/ca/apply/requiredpop.asp?ctry=2 (See in special requirement) It clearly mentioned below requirement.

Gujarat University awarded B.Com.

Mark sheets for year 2 of your study program may be issued and attested by the college you attended. Mark sheets for years 1 and 3 must be issued and attested by Gujarat University.

For all other degrees earned through Gujarat University, marks sheets for all years of study must be issued and attested by the university or the autonomous college you attended.

So your wife done 3 years , so you should check her Gujarat university but not college, to send Marksheets and Transcript in authorised sealed envelop.

snehal2410

Feb 12, 2015
Hi ! !

If you want ECA for CIC Immigration Process, just get your spouse's mark-sheets and Degree Certificates (All) verified at Gujarat Universities and send in the sealed envelope of GU to WES Office. They will give you WES ECA in 1 month (If courier is selected) or 2 months (post is selected).

If you want ECA for Canadian Education Applications, get your spouse's mark-sheet and Degree Certificates (All) verified as mentioned above and send to WES. but while applying in WES select Course by Course evaluation or WES ICAP....This will give you Course by Course Evaluation (ECA) and ECA plus Transcrits to your desired institution.

I have done this so I am sure about this.

With warm regards.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks prishah and snehal2410,
pls guide me if transcripts are mandatory documents for doing ECA with WES?

because on WES they have mentioned as below:

Link: http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/requireddocuments/index.asp?lctryid=2
Required Documents How to Send Documents

1. Final or Provisional Degree Certificate

Examples: Bachelor Degree, Master Degree, Postgraduate Diploma, Doctorate

AND

Forward a legible copy of the document to WES.

2. Annual Statement of Marks / Academic Transcript

An official document issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations (e.g. university, constituent or autonomous college). It lists all subjects/papers taken and marks earned for each year of study.

NOTES:
WES does not accept mark sheets that have been issued and/or attested by the college you attended unless from an autonomous or constituent college. To check whether your college has autonomous status click here.

Arrange for the documents to be sent directly to WES by the university or autonomous college responsible for conducting the examinations.

-OR-

If the document is given to you to forward to WES, it must be attested & dated and placed in an official sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the institution that conducted the examination. If the envelope has been opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, the document will not be accepted by WES.

NOTE:
WES only accepts documents attested and sealed by the designated official at the institution that conducted the examination (e.g. Controller of Examination or Registrar's Offices). Attestations by individual professors, officials at affiliated colleges, or external notary publics will not be accepted.

Download the academic records request form.
pls check the point 2 of this.
It is mentioned as "2. Annual Statement of Marks / Academic Transcript".

It means either of these two can be sent.

So, what is this Annual Statement of Marks? Is not this the same as Marksheets issued by Univerity?

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munjal said:
Hi malhar2705,
are you sure that transcripts are not required to be sent to WES??

because from this link on wes canada website, below things are mentioned. (pls check the point 2 of this)

http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/requireddocuments/index.asp?lctryid=2
Just for info that transcripts/marksheets/academic records are the same things just with different names
Hope that helps...Good luck