+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get to US border if I don't have a car?

wtfrutalkingabout

Oct 17, 2012
Hi,
I'm currently staying in Calgary as a tourist and I need to go to the border in order to obtain my work permit, I don't have a car and I have no idea how I'm gonna get there.
Red Arrow and eBus go as far as Lethbridge, I know I can take a taxi from there but it'll probably be expensive as hell.
Anyone knows any other way to get to the border?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
You can look for a rideshare on Kijiji.... just be careful.

wtfrutalkingabout

Oct 17, 2012
steaky said:
Ride a bicycle, share/rent a car :D
I was thinking about the option of renting a car but I'm here for almost 7 months now (extended tourist visa) and I heard that I can use international license for only 3 months.
I wouldn't mind renting a car either way, it's just that I don't want to get pulled over and get into trouble.. plus what if the immigration officer asks me at the border about that? they know when I entered Canada which means I can't use it anymore.........
Man, it's only 2.5 hrs and it's so hard to get there....

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wtfrutalkingabout said:
(extended tourist visa)
I heard lots of people got their Canadian driver license using their extended your tourist visa, maybe you should try also.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

wtfrutalkingabout said:
I was thinking about the option of renting a car but I'm here for almost 7 months now (extended tourist visa) and I heard that I can use international license for only 3 months.
I wouldn't mind renting a car either way, it's just that I don't want to get pulled over and get into trouble.. plus what if the immigration officer asks me at the border about that? they know when I entered Canada which means I can't use it anymore.........
Man, it's only 2.5 hrs and it's so hard to get there....
Greyhound Bus.

wtfrutalkingabout

Oct 17, 2012
Good news, I found someone who's willing to drive me there the problem is his status.
He entered Canada with a work visa(got it at the airport), his work visa has already expired and he applied for a new one, wasn't approved yet, so he's afraid to go to the border because of his status(he doesn't wanna face immigration officers until he gets an answer about his new work visa, he applied online).
Now, the question is very simple: can he drive me all the way to the border, drop me before the checkpoint and I will walk to the checkpoint?(He'll wait outside)