+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get the REJECTION ORDER RECTIFIED ???

canadiannoor

Nov 20, 2009
Hello Everybody

I had sent in the full application under NOC 0111 to CHC New Delhi along with the covering letter with my own checklist. I have now received a Rejection Letter from CHC New Delhi and the IO has awarded no points for having a relative in Canada.
My sister is a Canadian Citizen and I had enclosed the following documents:

1. Copy of her Birth Certificate
2. Copy of her Indian Passport with the relevant pages
3. Copy of her Canadian Passport
4. Copy of her Canadian Citizenship Card
5. Copy of her Landing Certificate

As a result the IO assessed 64 points and rejected my application.

Kindly advice on how to go about getting the Rejection Order Rectified, As I am entitled to 5 points for having a relative in Canada which will take my score to 69 points.

Request the seniors and IO to respond.

GodBless

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
apart from all these documents, you also have to provide documents that prove that your canadian relative is currently living in canada. this includes her salary slips and employment contracts (if she is employed), or her credit card statement, bank statement, utility bills etc.

canadiannoor

Nov 20, 2009
I do not think that proofs of her residence in Canada are required. When my sisters husband applied under the old rules he was given points for having a relative in Canada.He just gave his nephews passport copy,landing certificate.My elder brother has also been given points for having his sister in Canada.He will be submitting his passport for stamping shortly. Even he has given only the above documents.My sister and her family are well settled in Canada.In fact two of my sons are studying in Canada.both of them are on student visas and in time will
be eligible for work permit and permanent residence.My problem is how to get the IO to award me the points for having a relative in Canada.
I had alredy sent the relevant papers to CHC New Delhi.I will be obliged if you could suggest a way by which I can get the reassessment done.Thanks once again.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
canadiannoor said:
I do not think that proofs of her residence in Canada are required. When my sisters husband applied under the old rules he was given points for having a relative in Canada.He just gave his nephews passport copy,landing certificate.My elder brother has also been given points for having his sister in Canada.He will be submitting his passport for stamping shortly. Even he has given only the above documents.My sister and her family are well settled in Canada.In fact two of my sons are studying in Canada.both of them are on student visas and in time will
be eligible for work permit and permanent residence.My problem is how to get the IO to award me the points for having a relative in Canada.
I had alredy sent the relevant papers to CHC New Delhi.I will be obliged if you could suggest a way by which I can get the reassessment done.Thanks once again.
proof of her residence in canada is obviously required. read the skilled worker guide for this requirement and do a search on the forum. you would find a lot of posts on this.

about the reassessment thing, someone else who knows the answer can guide you.

canadiannoor

Nov 20, 2009
Dear ja77
Visa Office Specific Instructions New Delhi

Page A-2
Serial No 5
-Proof Of Relationship In Canada(If Applicable)
-Proof of your relationship to your close relative in Canada,such as birth, marriage,or adoption certificates
-If your close relative is a permanent resident of Canada:photocopy of his or her Record of Landing (IMM1000),
Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Permanent Resident Card.
-IF your close relative is a Canadian Citizen: Proof of Canadian Citizenship, such as a photocopy of Canadian Passport or Canadian Citizenship Card.

There is no mention of Any proof of Residence
Similarly in the Federal Skill Workers Guide there is no mention of Proof Of Residence Requirement

No offence meant.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiannoor said:
Dear ja77
Visa Office Specific Instructions New Delhi

Page A-2
Serial No 5
-Proof Of Relationship In Canada(If Applicable)
-Proof of your relationship to your close relative in Canada,such as birth, marriage,or adoption certificates
-If your close relative is a permanent resident of Canada:photocopy of his or her Record of Landing (IMM1000),
Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Permanent Resident Card.
-IF your close relative is a Canadian Citizen: Proof of Canadian Citizenship, such as a photocopy of Canadian Passport or Canadian Citizenship Card.

There is no mention of Any proof of Residence
Similarly in the Federal Skill Workers Guide there is no mention of Proof Of Residence Requirement

No offence meant.

Hi,
Refer to the updated checklist for New Delhi CHC
PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP IN CANADA AND PROOF OF RESIDENCY (IF
APPLICABLE)
• Proof of relationship to your close relative in Canada, such as birth, marriage or
adoption certificates.

Documents submitted as proof of residency in Canada must be less than six (6)months old. Example of documents:
• income tax assessment (Canada Revenue Agency) for the relative,
• telephone bills,
• credit card invoices,
• employment documents, and/or
• bank statements.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
hi canada...

ja77 is right. i don't know what was the previous sit, but now u need to prove the residence of ur relative. obviously they rejected ur file is proof enough for the requirement.

also note, i think there is a timeframe by which they will close ur file (90 days, i guess). before that u need to represent with all docs. it is something called a legal validation... else, u will have to reapply; and that u wouldn't want for sure, wont u?

so, act now. don't get fool hardy, don't go into arguments, but submit all docs of residency proof IMMEDIATELY.

u may also like to hire a consultant... that'd be for ur own good.

all the best Sir !

gerrybyrne

Dec 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th feb 2009
Doc's Request.
4th mar 2009
AOR Received.
25th may 2009
Med's Request
7th oct 2009
Med's Done....
4th nov 2009
Passport Req..
7th Oct 2009
VISA ISSUED...
3rd dec 2009
JA77, ROCKY AND QORAX are right. Below is a quote from the Visa Office Specific Forms. Take particular note of the last line. Up to date utility bills are the answer to this.

5. PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP IN CANADA (IF APPLICABLE)
• Proof of relationship to your close relative in Canada, such as birth, marriage or
adoption certificates.
• If your close relative is a permanent resident of Canada: photocopy of his or
her Record of Landing (IMM 1000), Confirmation of Permanent Residence or
Permanent Resident Card.
• If your close relative is a Canadian citizen: proof of Canadian citizenship, such
as a photocopy of pages of a Canadian passport or Canadian citizenship card.
• Proof that your relative is currently living in Canada.

canadiannoor

Nov 20, 2009
Thanks everyone for your response.
The guidelines were revised after I sent my full application.
My problem is they have said that I have not sent any documents to show that I have a relative in Canada.
Without asking me for additional documents they have passed the order.
I have all the papers including proofs of residence.
How do I get them to reasses my points .
Will a letter along with the copies of the documents do.
Thanks once again.

alok11

Oct 3, 2009
instead of you to accept your mistake due to 'oversight', you keep on arguing. it has always been on CIC specific instruction pages on their website that you must submit utility bills, tax clearance, bank statements, birth cirtificate e.t.c if you are claiming points for your family living in canada. For appeal, u need to check your refusal letter, if they say u can appeal, then u can try. Bear in mind it can take up to 12months for the appeal to be finalised (or even more). If i were u, i would re-apply instead of arguing blindly.

gerrybyrne

Dec 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th feb 2009
Doc's Request.
4th mar 2009
AOR Received.
25th may 2009
Med's Request
7th oct 2009
Med's Done....
4th nov 2009
Passport Req..
7th Oct 2009
VISA ISSUED...
3rd dec 2009
( My problem is they have said that I have not sent any documents to show that I have a relative in Canada. )

Proof that you have a relative IN Canada is Utility bills!
C.I.C. has never changed this rule.