+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO GET PR via CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS, WITH 1 YR EDUCATION IN CANADA??HELP

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sasa80 said:
Leon and jes_on what the best and short way for me now to get PR ??
one year study + one year PGW then ,,,
1) talk to my employer to give me LMO and apply for PNP directly under strategic stream ???( I will move to Toronto from Vancouver after graduation in Dec. so its Ontario PNP) ????
I suggest PNP. I think it is the best option for you. Do not wait until your PGW is about to expire. When you get a job, talk to the Ontario PNP about what is required to apply. Then you talk to the employer about helping you apply. This is after you have talked to the Ontario PNP and know exactly what is required of the employer so you can explain it to him. He may want you to complete 3 months before he will do it to see that he wants to keep you, who knows.

Getting your nomination from a PNP often takes 3-4 months. I do not know the timeline for Ontario PNP. You will have to ask them.

Once you are nominated, you can apply for your PR. If all goes well, you may still have a lot of time left on your PG work permit but after your nomination, what the PNP's can do is lift your need for an LMO. That way, when your PGW is about to expire, a couple of months before, talk to the PNP about lifting the need for an LMO so you can apply for a regular work permit for your employer. That way you can stay and work until you get your PR.

sasa80 said:
2) or make my employer give me AEO and apply under FSW?? do you think one year will be enough to get PR ??
If you are already working in Canada, normally you don't get an AEO. That is for people who are not in Canada yet. With a work permit and an additional letter of job offer after you get your PR from your employer, you can use that as an AEO to apply under FSW but with the restriction that your work permit must still be valid when you get your PR. That means that when your PGW expired, you will need an LMO to apply for a regular work permit. If the LMO is denied, then you do not have a valid work permit any more. I do not know if they would allow you to then stop working, get an AEO and continue with the same application.

sasa80 said:
3)or make my employer give me LMO and apply under FSW to be able to stay for PR decision even my PGW is expired ??
If you get the employer to apply for an LMO to change your work permit to a regular work permit, then you can apply under FSW and should have enough time to see it completed before your work permit expires.

sasa80 said:
or simply it better to take another year of education and then take diploma then PGW for 3 years and after one year work apply for CEC?? and in this case if I transfer my certificate from Vancouver toward diploma in Ontario and finish the diploma after one year so 2 years diploma but in 2 schools do you think they will accept that ????
As I have posted before, they have some restrictions of what kind of 2 year courses they will accept. Adding a 1 year course on top of the 1 year course you already took may not work for CEC. However, if you go another year of studies and get a 3 year PGW. You will in any case be eligible to apply under CEC after 2 years of work.

There are also graduate programs under BC and ON PNP. You should look into them as well.

sasa80

Star Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visa Office......
Montreal
Leon that's was perfectly helping thank you very much the answer was amzing detalied clear and that what I expect from you ... I think I will go with PNP ONTARIO cause I will move to Toronto in Dec. after finshing my certificate so the big concern is to get a job (pharmaceutical sales rep) which is noc B I do belive I have all the required for that ( experince for 4 years and education from USA and Canada ) just still the good luck any advice about the Job search Leaon???

the last thing is I knew that I will have 90 days after I agrduate to apply for PGW SO I will try to apply at the end of the 90 days to extened my PGW as much as I can especially I have off campus I could work with till I get my PGW any problems with that ???

thanks in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With the job search, just keep trying. The more you apply, the more likely it is that you will get something. You can even apply at places that aren't advertising.

As long as you make sure that they get your PGW application before the 90 days are up, it should be ok.

girl_ON

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
hellboy123 said:
Hi Guys,

I have a question for you all.

If a student has done a ONE year PG diploma program and then has got one year work experience in skill level O,A or B via the Post Graduate Work Permit, does that person qualify for PR under the Canadian Experience Class?

I was reading under the Canadain experience class, for a student to get PR, he/she should have done a TWO year education program (and not one) and should have one year of skilled work experience.

So does that mean the person does not qualify for PR as he/she does not have TWO years of education in a Canadian institution. If YES please can any one suggest the best possible way out.

Is there any other route to get a PR status in Canada.

Your inputs would be valuable.
I couldnt find the education requirement on cic website which shows 2 years education to apply under CEC. It doesnt mention.