App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
24-9-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
So, we have the nomination for manitoba and all the aplication ready for CIC. All we are waiting for are the police certificates that could take 2 months to get...
should we wait for them and send all the aplication together or should we send the aplication without the certificates and wait for CIC to ask for them.
The reason behind this is that we want to get the medicals as soon as posible because we want to try to become pregnant (we want to do the medicals first since they require x-rays).
also, what would happend if we get pregnant before the medicals and will have to wait... that could delay our aplication significantly... any sugestions?
thank you very much for the ideas... 8) 8)

robertlowe855

May 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
24-9-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
also, how long does it usualy take to get the medical request?
thank you again

scotchy007

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-07-2013
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
Well, I would say send the application without the PCC, but sent the PCC as soon as possible. You want to minimize delays.

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI, i see your latest post about Manitoba strategic stream, tell me please if you already have the PR.

I'm planning to apply trought this program

This is my mail : larc19722000 @ yahoo com

Thank you very much

mysteryocean

Jun 20, 2010
swift current SK Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
no request!!
Nomination.....
01-08-11
AOR Received.
CIO 16-03-12 NDVO 03-04-12
Med's Request
23 July 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
23 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
Already in canada
pregnancy and medical is very tricky situation.

there are 2 possible scenario:

1) lets say you got medicals. and then your wife became pregnant? by the time you get your PR, your wife will be in 7-8th month of her pregnancy. means she can't fly.baby has to born in your own country. hence you have to add him to your application and you have to do his/her medical as well. So doing medicals as soon as possible has no significance here.

2) lets say your wife is in her 4th or 5th month of her pregnancy. Is it ok with you to bring her to canada? her medicals might be covered but imagine its a huge culture shock. in her pregnancy she needs mental peace but it will be difficult. you would just start working while she wont be able to work. In order to get maternity benefit, she needs to work atleast 600 hrs. which will not be possible. If you are okay with that, go ahead but again for this scenario, chances are slim that you'll get your passport back with visa so soon.

3) Dont worry about anything. plan your baby. and apply for PR. ( this is what happened to us). we applied for PR in february 2012. my wife became pregnant in april. we got medicals in july, we completed it but doctor didnt took my wife's x ray. in her 7th month of pregnancy we consulted our family physician and she said its ok at this stage to go for x ray with protective shield. we did it and in 20 days we saw our ecas updated with medicals received. but we never got our passport back with visa. once our baby born, i immediately applied for his birth certificate. and as soon as i got it i forward it too visa office. boom, next week we got the passport back with visa sticker. ( we were in canada though throughout).

its as simple as that. you either plan your baby once you land in canada ( best option, if you can hold). or plan your baby and revise your all strategies accordingly. i hope it will help.