+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get a JOB that provides an LMO (for a new work permit) after PGWP expires

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation with any positive outcome. Any comments or views would be helpful.

Basically my Post Graduate work permit expired on May 4th 2012. I'm waiting to get a response from my PR application. In the mean time I cannot work until I get a job that provides me an LMO.

My background is in accounting and I worked at a major bank but getting another job in this field that will give an LMO has been a challenge. I'm wondering if anyone has actually been able to find a job with an LMO once their PGWP expired in Toronto?

Also an employment agency told me I'd rather try to get a work permit rather than apply for a job because to get an LMO was very difficult. Also her theory was if I'm going to get my PR anyway why would an employer go through the trouble of getting an LMO. Does any of this have any backing? Is it true?

Is there any other option I have through which I can work in the meantime? It can be anywhere in Canada as long as I get a work permit! I'm doing absolutely nothing but looking for jobs since may and I'll probably not get my PR until Feb-Mar 2013 as per my estimate.

There has to be some way. If anyone has been through anything similar please help! Any tips on how to get an lmo or change my place or my career path or anything at all would help. Thanks!!

paulotaviodr

Nov 5, 2012
I found some jobs in Alberta through Job Bank, and they would offer a LMO. Just type LMO as a keyword on the Job Bank website, and don't forget to select "all of Canada" as the location (although I just found jobs in Alberta). By the way, I have a friend in Montréal who told me that is easy to get this kind of jobs in Alberta, she knows some immigrants who moved from Quebéc to Calgary. Calgary or Edmonton should be a good option for you, maybe. Look for some information, who knows.

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Thanks for the tips paulotaviodr. I did what you said and looked into jobbank and you're right it's the only place I've seen where they provide lmo's. At the moment most are for truck drivers but I'll keep looking incase something comes up.

Thanks again!