+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to fast-track my PR after 2 years of Study in Canada?

rohanok

Jan 8, 2024
Hi Immigration Experts,

My goal is to study and practice Psychology. (Bachelors at SFU, Masters and Ph.D. - TBD)

I am a full-time international student at a Canadian College pursuing an Associate Degree (2-year program) in Arts (Psychology). I will graduate (Associate Degree) in August 2024.
Alongside this, I am working part-time (18 hrs/week) as a Sales and Service Executive (NOC: 64101, Tier 4) at a TV Accessories Store. I will have 14 months of experience at the end of August 2024.

For the CEC program, I noted that work while studying full-time is not counted.
For the FSW program, I noted that work that is not related to my occupation (Psychology / Mental Health) is not counted.

Please advise what steps (further study, experience, etc.) I should take after August 2024 to fast-track my PR.

Thanks,
Rohan Khanna

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Immigration Experts,

My goal is to study and practice Psychology. (Bachelors at SFU, Masters and Ph.D. - TBD)

I am a full-time international student at a Canadian College pursuing an Associate Degree (2-year program) in Arts (Psychology). I will graduate (Associate Degree) in August 2024.
Alongside this, I am working part-time (18 hrs/week) as a Sales and Service Executive (NOC: 64101, Tier 4) at a TV Accessories Store. I will have 14 months of experience at the end of August 2024.

For the CEC program, I noted that work while studying full-time is not counted.
For the FSW program, I noted that work that is not related to my occupation (Psychology / Mental Health) is not counted.

Please advise what steps (further study, experience, etc.) I should take after August 2024 to fast-track my PR.

Thanks,
Rohan Khanna
There is no fast track. Research express entry based on your age, experience, language, skills and funds. You want around 500. CEC is not an option until you have one year of full time skilled work experience. For FSW, you need one year continuous, skilled, full time experience in one NOC. TEER 4 is not eligible. Work experience must be in TEER 0-3. Look into BC PNP if your employer is willing to give you full time permanent employment when you graduate.