+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to expedite Citizenship Certificate

Neelteal

Jan 22, 2022
Hi Members and Experts,

My job requires me to travel frequently to USA, and my Oath ceremony is coming up. Can anyone guide me on how to expedite the Citizenship Certificate so that my work does not get affected.

Do we have to send a request by email? or do we inform during the Oath Ceremony? and do I have to provide any proof / document to support my request.

Looking forward to your comments / suggestions.

Thanks.

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
During oath, you can request the officer (who will verify your documents) if you have any urgent travel plan or work related urgency. Probably, they will let you know at that time if they can expedite the citizenship certificate or not.

Reactions: Neelteal

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Hi Members and Experts,

My job requires me to travel frequently to USA, and my Oath ceremony is coming up. Can anyone guide me on how to expedite the Citizenship Certificate so that my work does not get affected.

Do we have to send a request by email? or do we inform during the Oath Ceremony? and do I have to provide any proof / document to support my request.

Thanks.
Am in a similar situation. As far as I know, during the Oath ceremony, they ask if we need the citizenship certificate immediately. I remember reading in that forum, that if you answer in the affirmative, they will ask you to pick up the certificate within the next 2-3 days.

Last edited:

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
I need the certificate urgently for family reasons. Pick up in person or express post. Anyone done this? My oath is 17th october 2022

Neelteal

Jan 22, 2022
Hi all,
I have a follow up question, I got the letter from my employer which is requesting to expedite my citizenship certificate as I need to travel at the end of the month.. Do I also need to show travel tickets or a letter shall suffice?

Let me know your thoughts or experiences.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi all,
I have a follow up question, I got the letter from my employer which is requesting to expedite my citizenship certificate as I need to travel at the end of the month.. Do I also need to show travel tickets or a letter shall suffice?

Its better to have the ticket and the hotel booking to close the loop...

danielvalenca

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hi Members and Experts,

Thanks.
Curiosity, when is your oath? I'm in a similar situation, the oath is scheduled for September 27 and the trip is booked for October 8.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In general you need to provide concrete proof that you have an urgent need to get expedited certificate approved. If not everyone would ask for expedited approval.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

Agree that proof of bookings and reason for travel especially given that zoom. has become so acceptable should be included.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I need the certificate urgently for family reasons. Pick up in person or express post. Anyone done this? My oath is 17th october 2022
You should be attaching proof of flight, proof of your brother’s wedding date like copy of their formal invitation, etc.

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
@abbas.pasha @canuck78 My oath was 17th October 2022. My urgent certificate dispatch request with solid proof was also denied. I had to miss my sibling's marriage and cancel flight tickets I booked.

As of today 30 November, still no sign of certificate.

Multiple emails and so many IRCC call center phone calls, no success. I contacted MP as well, they did not reply either. I contacted a different citizenship office, they also could not help. I have no clue, this has caused me anxiety issues.

Is lawyering up the only option left to get my citizenship certificate? Anyone know what should I do?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@abbas.pasha @canuck78 My oath was 17th October 2022. My urgent certificate dispatch request with solid proof was also denied. I had to miss my sibling's marriage and cancel flight tickets I booked.

As of today 30 November, still no sign of certificate.

Multiple emails and so many IRCC call center phone calls, no success. I contacted MP as well, they did not reply either. I contacted a different citizenship office, they also could not help. I have no clue, this has caused me anxiety issues.

Is lawyering up the only option left to get my citizenship certificate? Anyone know what should I do?
I would suggest just wait it out there is no other option. The certificates should be on the way.
Have patience.

Reactions: canuck78