+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to do ECA for Medical Degree? step wise description

Khaleda papri

Jan 22, 2018
try sending a mail to MCC about your pending ECA then they will tell you the status of your ECA process also they will mention whether your institution is registered for electronic verification.
Which institute should be registered with ecfmg either university or medical college?my medical college is under university of rajshahi.
And another query how much time and money needed for total svr and eca by mcc?thanks

Drneethi

Feb 10, 2018
Which institute should be registered with ecfmg either university or medical college?my medical college is under university of rajshahi.
And another query how much time and money needed for total svr and eca by mcc?thanks
Your medical college should be registered not your university

Drneethi

Feb 10, 2018
The whole process will get completed in about 2 weeks. That’s how it was for me!! Provided your institution has an electronic registration with ECFMG

Khaleda papri

Jan 22, 2018
The whole process will get completed in about 2 weeks. That’s how it was for me!! Provided your institution has an electronic registration with ECFMG
thanks a lot.another query was total cost from account opening to ec a in CAD.by the way when did you do that from mc c ,I heard now it takes time as for rush.

parvez123456

May 14, 2018
Hi all,
I just got my ECA done for my Medical Degree from India. Initially it looked like a herculean task as I had no idea how it was to be done. So I went through many forums and from bits and pieces of the information I carried on with the process and fortunately got successful. So I decided to make a thread for those aspirants who are still searching for the procedures or for those who will need it in future.

1. Photocopy your medical degree (medical degree is the one in which it is stated that you have completed your medical degree including your internship, which is usually given to you on your day of graduation by your college or later by your university)

2. Check if your medical degree mentions the name of your college and its address anywhere in it. If not get another document, may be your official internship completion record or any such document which has the address and get its photocopy also.

DO NOT GET THE ABOVE TWO ATTESTED

3. Now create an account in physicians.apply. There will be a registration fee which has to be made with a . credit card only and in CAD.Your account will be created once payment is confirmed.

4. Once account is created, check the side panels where you can see an option called source verification request. Click!!

5. Fill up the required infos and submit the request, again there's a fee.

6. Print out the pages they ask you to do so ( 2 cover sheets one for passport and other one for degree, an identity confirmation document, a release form)

7. Next step is to find a public notary(or any other person as they have mentioned) and get attestation done for your Passport copy and identity confirmation document only. While getting the attestation please read through the instructions carefully.

8. Now send all the 6 documents(copy of medical degree and its cover, passport copy and its cover, identity confirmation, release form ; note: if you have another record to provide the address of your institution then that as well) to MCC via courier.

9. Once they receive documents they will update that in your physicians.apply account and then they will verify your document and send it to ECMG for source verification. Once ECFMG receive it they will then send it to your institution for Source verification. It will all take about 2-3 weeks time.

10. If your institution is registered with ECFMG for electronic source verification then it will take only a day's time for the SVR to be completed and send back to ECFMG by your institution. You just have to remain in touch with your college authority and see to it that they does it without any delay.

11. Once SVR is send back from your college in 1-2 days, your status will get updated as source verification passed.

12. Then you can apply for ECA assessment via other services request in physicians.apply,
additional 104CAD for that.

13. Once you submit the request, in 3-4 days time you will get an e-copy of your ECA report in your account. The physical copy may take 1-2 weeks time.

Thats it :)
Thank you all

PS: Thanks to all those who helped me with my earlier queries
thank u brother

SameenaH26

Jul 19, 2018
Hi, thanks for the extremely helpful post. Could you please tell me if there is any way to know if the medical college is electronically registered with the ecfmg?

Reactions: Nazmun

nsffree

Jul 21, 2018
Hi
when I request an ECA it aks an address from me where should I find the address ?!? I want it for express entry
thank you

drpaul

Sep 2, 2018
Hi all,
I just got my ECA done for my Medical Degree from India. Initially it looked like a herculean task as I had no idea how it was to be done. So I went through many forums and from bits and pieces of the information I carried on with the process and fortunately got successful. So I decided to make a thread for those aspirants who are still searching for the procedures or for those who will need it in future.

1. Photocopy your medical degree (medical degree is the one in which it is stated that you have completed your medical degree including your internship, which is usually given to you on your day of graduation by your college or later by your university)

2. Check if your medical degree mentions the name of your college and its address anywhere in it. If not get another document, may be your official internship completion record or any such document which has the address and get its photocopy also.

3. Now create an account in physicians.apply. There will be a registration fee which has to be made with a . credit card only and in CAD.Your account will be created once payment is confirmed.

4. Once account is created, check the side panels where you can see an option called source verification request. Click!!

6. Print out the pages they ask you to do so ( 2 cover sheets one for passport and other one for degree, an identity confirmation document, a release form)

7. Next step is to find a public notary(or any other person as they have mentioned) and get attestation done for your Passport copy and identity confirmation document only. While getting the attestation please read through the instructions carefully.

8. Now send all the 6 documents(copy of medical degree and its cover, passport copy and its cover, identity confirmation, release form ; note: if you have another record to provide the address of your institution then that as well) to MCC via courier.

9. Once they receive documents they will update that in your physicians.apply account and then they will verify your document and send it to ECMG for source verification. Once ECFMG receive it they will then send it to your institution for Source verification. It will all take about 2-3 weeks time.

10. If your institution is registered with ECFMG for electronic source verification then it will take only a day's time for the SVR to be completed and send back to ECFMG by your institution. You just have to remain in touch with your college authority and see to it that they does it without any delay.

11. Once SVR is send back from your college in 1-2 days, your status will get updated as source verification passed.

12. Then you can apply for ECA assessment via other services request in physicians.apply,

13. Once you submit the request, in 3-4 days time you will get an e-copy of your ECA report in your account. The physical copy may take 1-2 weeks time.

Thank you all

Thank you so much for the help, I was really struggling with so many queries. You have done a great job Sreejith . Thanks so much, hopefully I will get mine done soon

dr-navdeep

Nov 13, 2018
Hi all,

Thank you all

Hi
I have a query that when would we need the transcripts from university if we are to send photocopy of our degree...also do we need to send both mbbs and md degree copy or the higher degree only for svr and eca

nsffree

Jul 21, 2018
Hi all,

Thank you all

that was amazing thank you

Obafemmy

Dec 3, 2018
Good day all. Please I am asking for the average time it took to get ECA for a degree pre-verified by Ecfmg. Thank you. Just want to know if it was significantly faster than the 2months for unverified degree.

Sep 15, 2018
Hi i recently submitted the request for my ECA report after the completion and confirmation of my SVR through MCC.now i received a message saying i need to complete my SVR before ECA report? I have already paid for my ECA l.What am i missing? Has this happened to anyone? Can this be a mistake? Help please

Reactions: Nazmun