+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to demonstrate intention to establish in Manitoba?

westpoint

Champion Member
Jan 1, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-27-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
12-21-11
AOR Received.
waiting...
IELTS Request
submitted along with the application package...
File Transfer...
Med's Request
....01-02-2012
Med's Done....
....13-02-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Everyone,

Hope somebody could enlighten me as to what best to do or refer me to someone who could best help me out in my lil problem.

My family applied to MPNP last January 2008 and received a letter from Manitoba Labour and Immigration (MLI) informing us of its receipt March 2008.

Today, November 13, 2009 we received a letter again from MLI with the exact contents below, pls read:

" WE regret to inform you that your application does not meet the requirements of the program, as described in our application guidelines.

education 16
work exp 16
language 7
adaptability 0

applicant is eligible to apply to MPNP YEs
suffiecient pt for consideration NO
demonstrated sufficient settlement funds/supports NO
demonstrated the ability & intention to establish successfully NO

Reasons:

You were unable to demonstrate your ties to Manitoba are stronger than the ties you have to another province in Canada, where your brother resides. You have therefore been unable to demonstrate your intention to establish in Manitoba.

Recommendation: Not to NOminate

My brief Backgroun:

I have a brother in Vancouver, 2 in Illinois and my mom lives there also. I really dont have any intention of m oving out of Manitoba and then settling in my brother's place in Vancounver nor in Illinois. All I wanted was to establish in Manitoba successfully, but how do I prove it?

I plan to take IELTS thinking it will help raise my points under Language Ability, will it help?

Lastly, there was a portion at the end of the letter which says I can appeal for a review and I plan to appeal focusing on the Language and Adaptability area and hopefully give me the 6pts that I need to meet the 55pts required.

Please help. Help help help...Godbless...

westpoint

Champion Member
Jan 1, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-27-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
12-21-11
AOR Received.
waiting...
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
....01-02-2012
Med's Done....
....13-02-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
anybody? still waiting for the gurus....

justconcerned

Oct 29, 2009
Is the principal applicant applying as a skilled worker in Manitoba? If so, you have to do some research on the high demand of this occupation in Manitoba and explain in a formal letter of intention. Remember, you have to be very constructive in doing the letter.

kamal dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Manitoba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/Feb/2011
Doc's Request.
24/feb/2011 got file number
Nomination.....
sponsor intervied on 10/june
AOR Received.
LOA received today 30/july/2011 dated 14june,2011
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
CHC DELHI 4/august/2011,
Med's Request
5/september/2011
Med's Done....
12/september/2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
5/sep/2011
VISA ISSUED...
5/october/2011 with God grace
hello westpoint,

what is your educational qualification and how many years work experience you have,when you applied.

kamal

westpoint

Champion Member
Jan 1, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-27-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
12-21-11
AOR Received.
waiting...
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
....01-02-2012
Med's Done....
....13-02-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kamal dhaliwal said:
hello westpoint,

what is your educational qualification and how many years work experience you have,when you applied.

kamal
I'm a secondary school teacher and i have more than 5 yrs of work experience when i applied.

westpoint

Champion Member
Jan 1, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-27-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
12-21-11
AOR Received.
waiting...
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
....01-02-2012
Med's Done....
....13-02-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
justconcerned said:
Is the principal applicant applying as a skilled worker in Manitoba? If so, you have to do some research on the high demand of this occupation in Manitoba and explain in a formal letter of intention. Remember, you have to be very constructive in doing the letter.
Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm applying under the Provincial Nominee Program Of Manitoba under the General Stream (GS) and not as a skilled worker. You only need to have Manitobans to sponsor you to qualify to apply there under GS.

Yes, I'm thinking of writing them to explain my side, however, I'm still deciding on its content. thanks...

movie1805

Jan 26, 2012
hi friend,
have u got any reply from them for your appeal?because my friend also had same reason also he had one more reason.please reply to my one because he does not know how to make appeal for these reasons.please reply as soon as possible.

Manitoba123

Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Applicant has demonstrated both the ability and intention to establish successfully in Manitoba"

Answer : NO

I applied in MPNP General stream and my case has been rejected because of this reason. I have the time to appeal within 60 days.

Kindly tell me how to satisfy the MPNP officers that I will establish successfully in Manitoba ?

1. What should I write and how to give proof that I will settle there.

2. What do they mean by ability and intention ?

3. Kindly give your brief answers and write in detail so I can prove myself.

4. I have a 4 year Bachelors degree from USA and I lived and worked there. Doesn't it show that I can establish in Manitoba easily because I am already aware and have experience of living in a Developed country ?

Eagerly awaiting for brief answers ASAP. Kindly reply.

Thank you again.

Manitoba123

Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how to demonstrate the ability and intention to live and establish in Manitoba ?

what to write and make them understand that I do have the ability and intention to live and establish ? WHy would I even apply if it was not my intention ?? :( :( :'(

Applicant is eligible to apply : YES
Applicant has sufficient settlement funds/settlement support: YES

Babbal

Jul 21, 2012
@Manitoba 123

I am also in same situation.

I got refusal letter...I am filing review? My repersentative in Ontario, he is filling review....

Do you think, still there is any chance for us????

Manitoba123

Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babbal said:
@ Manitoba 123

I am also in same situation.

I got refusal letter...I am filing review? My repersentative in Ontario, he is filling review....

Do you think, still there is any chance for us????
@ Babbal,

Yes I think we do have a chance. What is your reason for refusal ? There is always a chance. We should never lose hope.

Babbal

Jul 21, 2012
Manitoba123 said:
@ Babbal,

Yes I think we do have a chance. What is your reason for refusal ? There is always a chance. We should never lose hope.

" WE regret to inform you that your application does not meet the requirements of the program, as described in our application guidelines.

education 16
work exp 16
language 8
adaptability 0

applicant is eligible to apply to MPNP YES
suffiecient pt for consideration NO
demonstrated sufficient settlement funds/supports YES
demonstrated the ability & intention to establish successfully NO

Reasons:

MPNP may not approve an application if the Program Officer is not satisfied that the applicant has sufficient and confirmed settlement supports from relatives or friends who are established residents of Manitoba and have strong ties to the applicant. You have not established a strong relationship to your supporters. your application cannot be approved.

Recommendation: Not to Nominate

Manitoba123

Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ babbal

You have 60 days for the appeal. Just find the appeal form in the link below.

Attach all the relevant proof and write in detail about the reason they've mentioned in rejection.

"Program Officer is not satisfied that the applicant has sufficient and confirmed settlement supports from relatives or friends who are established residents of Manitoba and have strong ties to the applicant. You have not established a strong relationship to your supporters."

You should proof strong ties to your relative in Manitoba.

You just have to gain ADAPTABILITY points and then you can claim 12 points from it.

After fulfilling it, You will get approx 62 points and both the "points" and "demonstration" factors will become YES from NO.

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/asset_library/en/pn/mpnp-rfr-form.pdf

abercombrie

Star Member
May 20, 2012
@ babal --- have u submitted ielts when u applied ? Coz I've seen ur language adaptability points was on 8? Im wondering if u have taken ielts before u applied ? Thnx

abercombrie

Star Member
May 20, 2012
everyone ,

for laguage ability , first official language and second official language are both added?....or they would only rely either first or second to give us points on this certain factor? pls enlighten me...thnx