+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO CORRECT GCMS ERRORS?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
When an Officer's notes in your GCMS are extremely negative and clearly about someone else, how do you get them removed from your identity?

salman1

Oct 29, 2012
you cannot correct them you can give it a shot by writing a letter to them along with your gcms file report . do remember to highlight the error.
regards
salman

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Thanks for your response, Salman, but there HAS to be a way. As soon as the refusal was received a reconsideration letter and supporting documents were sent (fax/email/courier) to the VO as the reasons made no sense in view of the application that was submitted. Later, when the GCMS notes were received it became obvious through all the specific errors in the notes that everything about it was unrelated to the applicant (including name of the place of employment experience, future Canadian work city, lack of employment and English proficiency, education and reference documents that were missing, etc.) In response to the reconsideration letter it appears the VO did a second assessment and provided another IDENTICAL refusal letter, dated 2.5 months after the first one. All I can think is that the VO refused to read supporting docs sent with the reconsideration letter otherwise he/she would have realized that this is a different person. It is unfortunate that when the reconsideration letter was written we did not know that mistaken identity was at the crux of the matter. A month after the decision the GCMS notes arrived, more letters highlighting the error as you suggested, Salman, and a copy of the original application were sent to the VO. The GCMS Correction Forms were sent at the end of September and many weeks later there is still no resolution.
Doing everything possible, including application for leave to request a judicial review, to correct an error at the visa office. This is just crazy.

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
Pippin said:
Thanks for your response, Salman, but there HAS to be a way. As soon as the refusal was received a reconsideration letter and supporting documents were sent (fax/email/courier) to the VO as the reasons made no sense in view of the application that was submitted. Later, when the GCMS notes were received it became obvious through all the specific errors in the notes that everything about it was unrelated to the applicant (including name of the place of employment experience, future Canadian work city, lack of employment and English proficiency, education and reference documents that were missing, etc.) In response to the reconsideration letter it appears the VO did a second assessment and provided another IDENTICAL refusal letter, dated 2.5 months after the first one. All I can think is that the VO refused to read supporting docs sent with the reconsideration letter otherwise he/she would have realized that this is a different person. It is unfortunate that when the reconsideration letter was written we did not know that mistaken identity was at the crux of the matter. A month after the decision the GCMS notes arrived, more letters highlighting the error as you suggested, Salman, and a copy of the original application were sent to the VO. The GCMS Correction Forms were sent at the end of September and many weeks later there is still no resolution.
Doing everything possible, including application for leave to request a judicial review, to correct an error at the visa office. This is just crazy.
Hello Pippin, Sorry to read what is happening to you. I requested my CAIPS recently and found out many errors in the data against my application. I was unable to access my E-CAS for almost 3 years though I tried all possible combinations of information available to me - the reason was very simple - my DOB was entered wrong in their system!!! After getting CAIPS, I tried my new DOB according to them and it is working absolutely fine.

My wife according to them is in one country and me with my two year old baby is residing in another country where we made a week long visit!!! There were many more such errors. My agent told me that these are data entry errors and can be corrected by submitting relevant proof against each mistake. I believe your case also should be a solvable one and in this case, I suggest to use an experienced consultant to lead you through. Good luck with it.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ASK said:
Hello Pippin, Sorry to read what is happening to you. I requested my CAIPS recently and found out many errors in the data against my application. I was unable to access my E-CAS for almost 3 years though I tried all possible combinations of information available to me - the reason was very simple - my DOB was entered wrong in their system!!! After getting CAIPS, I tried my new DOB according to them and it is working absolutely fine.

My wife according to them is in one country and me with my two year old baby is residing in another country where we made a week long visit!!! There were many more such errors. My agent told me that these are data entry errors and can be corrected by submitting relevant proof against each mistake. I believe your case also should be a solvable one and in this case, I suggest to use an experienced consultant to lead you through. Good luck with it.

Yes, i agree with you ask. It did happened to me and i wrote t then a very detail e.mail with prrof of the mistake and everything was fine. now i got my visa and landed already.

Hope it helps

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Our friend is using an experienced immigration lawyer in his home country. Even the lawyer is shocked that he is still struggling to get the correct response as he has dealt with GCMS errors before and always had resolution by now. After realizing what the problem was, I ordered the physical file 2.5 wks ago, but it feels like a long wait already. This error resulted in a Work Permit refusal and had major consequences, not to mention the additional costs for representation to sort it all out.
ASK: have you got the information in your CAIPS corrected yet? Do they remove the erroneous material completely? Did it cause any delays in your processing?
CANADAFORALL: Glad to hear your situation worked out. Please outline the exact steps you took and the timeline.
Thank you both for your suggestions and experiences.

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
Pippin said:
Our friend is using an experienced immigration lawyer in his home country. Even the lawyer is shocked that he is still struggling to get the correct response as he has dealt with GCMS errors before and always had resolution by now. After realizing what the problem was, I ordered the physical file 2.5 wks ago, but it feels like a long wait already. This error resulted in a Work Permit refusal and had major consequences, not to mention the additional costs for representation to sort it all out.
ASK: have you got the information in your CAIPS corrected yet? Do they remove the erroneous material completely? Did it cause any delays in your processing?
CANADAFORALL: Glad to hear your situation worked out. Please outline the exact steps you took and the timeline.
Thank you both for your suggestions and experiences.
I received my CAIPS almost 3 weeks back. I have submitted a copy of my CAIPS and also the required corrections with relevant proof through my agent 2 weeks ago. I will give them one more week before I order my CAIPS again. Then only I will get to know if they have actually made any correction or not.

If they made any correction, I believe, it should reflect in my e-CAS access as my DOB itself was wrong! So far, it is working with my DOB according to them and not with the real DOB as per my documents!!!

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
you know in my caips there are mistakes too. in one place of the file they granted me 79 points and 2 pages later the score was only 74 . I never gave it much thought because I got the pass mark anyway but obviously CIC is not as accurate as we wish.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
An Update: The PHYSICAL FILES take at least 60 days and are WELL WORTH ordering if you have serious concerns about your application. Without seeing them, we would not have realized the extent of the problem we were dealing with and exactly HOW to explain to VO what was wrong. As of this date, we are STILL trying to get a decision based on the correct application data. Nightmare does not come close to a description of this process so far.

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
Pippin said:
An Update: The PHYSICAL FILES take at least 60 days and are WELL WORTH ordering if you have serious concerns about your application. Without seeing them, we would not have realized the extent of the problem we were dealing with and exactly HOW to explain to VO what was wrong. As of this date, we are STILL trying to get a decision based on the correct application data. Nightmare does not come close to a description of this process so far.
Dear Pippin,

What is the current status of your application? Have you got the remarks corrected by submitting the evidences? Hope your case has made some progress. In my case, some factual errors got corrected while some are yet to be corrected as per my new CAIPS. I can see that these errors seems to be delaying my case as they are requesting for PCC of a country where I have not been a resident to make a decision. The police in that country refuse to give me PCC as I have never been a resident there!!!

ASK

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
ASK. I think we both wish we could wake up from this nightmare! The issues are not resolved and are before the court. GCMS unchanged to date. Unless I missed it, it is also interesting that the GCMS do not reflect that a second reconsideration was done in the fall. I would have thought anything related to that file should have been documented. Unless you are prepared to take legal action, all I can suggest is to keep contacting them by all means possible and include a copy of any passports to show you have never been to that country. Good luck and please keep in touch.
Has anyone else had problems with their documented information and managed to resolve it? Please share your suggestions.

Zernail

Nov 4, 2012
HI,

I recieved my GCMS notes today and I noticed couple of date errors.
Under ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT, the Status say NOT STARTED, and DUE DATE say 2014/04/03...which make sense, as this means the eligibility assessment due date is April 2014.
Under SECURITY, Status saus NOT STARTED but the DUE DATE is 2013/04/28, which I think is data entry error in terms of date. The due date should be 2014/04/28 instead.
Same is the case with CRIMINIALITY ASSESSMENT, the DUE DATE mentioned is of April 2013, and the STATUS is NOT STARTED.

Should I contact them back to clarify this? or what should I do to confirm if this is correct or a mistake?

PLEASE ADVISE.