+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to convince banks for 1-year postgraduate course loan(urgent)

vishal parmar

Jun 26, 2012
hello evryone,
i got my offer latter from humber college.. i had applied for 1-year wireless telecommunication course.. when i went to sbi bank they refused to pass the loan becaz in my call letter name of degree is ONTARIO GRADUATION CERTIFICATE.. so they told me that they can't give me loan on this basis.. and after that i went to bank of baroda... so they told me that i have to provide some specific information about this course and in my call letter, length of course is sep2012 to may2013.... it is only 9 months.. so they don't believe this is post graduate course... so how can i convince them to offer me a loan... and if anyone has any idea about the banks who provide loan for this course plzzzz do inform me... i will be very grateful to you.... thnks....

Robb

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
Hi,

The level of the course should be stated in your offer letter. If not, you can send an email to the college to provide you a letter confirming that the degree is at Post Graduate level in their letterhead. You can submit it to the bank.

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
vishal parmar said:
hello evryone,
i got my offer latter from humber college.. i had applied for 1-year wireless telecommunication course.. when i went to sbi bank they refused to pass the loan becaz in my call letter name of degree is ONTARIO GRADUATION CERTIFICATE.. so they told me that they can't give me loan on this basis.. and after that i went to bank of baroda... so they told me that i have to provide some specific information about this course and in my call letter, length of course is sep2012 to may2013.... it is only 9 months.. so they don't believe this is post graduate course... so how can i convince them to offer me a loan... and if anyone has any idea about the banks who provide loan for this course plzzzz do inform me... i will be very grateful to you.... thnks....
OMG!!!! I cannot believe those ASS**LES at sbi because this is exactly what they told me too. The thing with certificates is that they don't consider them to be post-secondary. The thing is how can they be so ignorant to never do research on this and know that we in India have different names but post-graduate is post-graduate!! Just like Course is India is program in Canada and Course in Canada is subject in India!! Anyway, coming to the point, SBI won't listen to this so try to find someone who knows the manager of a bank and that should not be very hard in India and try with smaller banks as they give out loans easily. I got mine from Baroda bank in Phagwara after trying a lot with SBI Jalandhar. There are tons and banks and I am sure one of these banks have a smart manager who understands your point.

Good luck with it brother!!

sikhsingh

Jul 3, 2012
first ask ur coll to add post graduate in ur course name in offer letter

second f u c k the sbi bank they are useless go to pnb, sbop or punj and sindh bank they dnt make a lot of fuss and are quite helpful

harpreet470

Jul 3, 2012
App. Filed.......
08-04-2020
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
14-12-2014
Hi,

You are right that SBI is not going to give loan on Certificate course. Go to Central Bank of India, they will sanction the loan easily if you take it against FD.
I got the loan from Central bank of India in just 3 days :)

STURD

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
HDFC BANK offers loans for pg certificate course easily as they know its just the same term

also fyi,

all banks in India as per RBI are obliged to provide 4 lac without security as education loan , if u having problems then you should lodge a complaint and meanwhile dont waste time , approach hdfc bank , u will get it easily, mine came in 3 days

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
HDFC is a good option but be careful about their return policy. Sometimes they have this claw that you are not "allowed" to return the loan before a certain period of time. So the thing is that you have to pay the interest anyway. But again, I am not sure. This is just something at the back of my head and I think I have heard others talk about it. Also, compare the interest rates with other banks..

Good luck !

ramansminhas

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi there.
i would say that just find a small bank in your area and ask for a loan. they will definitely provide you with a sanction letter against fdrs. ask it from OBC, allahabad bank etc.
don't go to SBI even if you get written letter from your college regarding your course because they'll tell you another excuse that they don't provide loan for diplomas or certificates.

STURD

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
Dear Sunny,

80% against FD is provided, for visa - loan is a good thing and helps u to show ties

let me know if u need any referral in hdfc Delhi - i know somebody

good luck

sunny581

Jun 23, 2012
Hi STURD,
I am from Punjab.
hdfc told to provide 75% against FD but for colleges in toronto they said to provide 90% of FD.
Thanks for help.

STURD

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
perfect.

Good luck on ur studies, for any future advise on wp extension, visa, LMO, pr , dont hesitate to throw questions, I can always share what I know - like wise others too

rgds