+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to confirm if bio-metric received

mfkoko321

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Thanks Bryanna, I just got another ghost update, also, I went to check the processing time again before submitting a

mfkoko321

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Seems like a TRV decision is on it's way soon :)
Thanks hope that too, I am trying to be positive but its taking long time and I know for a fact that my case is weak due to my ties to Canada and I have PR application under process moreover, ties to home country its not really strong, but I hope they consider the purpose of my visit and take the decision on that. Regardless the result of the application I really appreciate your time to replay and help everyone here :)

mfkoko321

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hi @Bryanna

I emailed the Embassy asking them to expedite the process of my application, I even mentioned the Hospital name were my wife is currently admitted, here is their response:

"
The noted application Vxxxxxxx is currently undergoing security screening.

The processing times of security screening may vary, based on each case complexity.

Unfortunately, we cannot estimate the exact date on which the final decision on your application will be made.

Once this stage of process is completed, we will inform you accordingly in regards to the next steps.

Thank you for your paitience.

"

On the other hand, I got an update in MyCIC, now finally it shows that biometric "Completed".

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So this is how your application status is:
Biometrics completed. No doubts now about this.

Background checks: In progress. This can take any length of time. These background/security checks could even be part of your PR app, and not as part of your TRV app.

On the positive side, it is possible that when your background checks are completed, you can expect a TRV

Hope you get your TRV/PR soon :)

Reactions: mfkoko321

mfkoko321

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hi, this sounds good now, but does that mean both applications are linked ? cuz on the PR I passed the medical exam and then application forwarded to London, (usually, people get the AOR2 and then get the medical request ). my concern now on the PR BG takes like 6 months and I really dont care about the timing for the PR (12 months according to CIC) but if these are linked is that mean my TRV will take 6 months? also, TRV in Poland and PR in London I really dont know how do they work.

mfkoko321

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hi @Bryanna

until now haven't get any updates, should I fill the case specific inquiry form?
also, I read that if I have any changes I should inform IRCC, my wife just delivered (am blessed :) Thanks god) we have not get birth certificate yet it takes up to 16 weeks to get that, should I just inform them about it and do not include birth certificate ?

adding additional info now may cause further delay and reviews at the same time if I don't inform them they may consider it misrepresentation and get 5 years band, am I right ? what do you think ?

Thanks in advance.

mfkoko321

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Forget to mention also that I have changed the Airline tickets dates (I purchased it already) the booking ref# did not change however the E-Ticket number changed, should I also inform them about that ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Congratulations on becoming a dad. Best wishes and blessings for your little one :):)

Yes, you must inform IRCC about your baby's birth through a CSE. There's no reason why IRCC will ban you for misrepresentation if you don't inform them LOL

No, it's not necessary to inform IRCC about the change in your travel plans

Cheers

mfkoko321

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hi @Bryanna , Sorry to keep bothering you, I need your advice on what actions I can take as there is no response till now, I send case specific via IRCC form and haven't got any replay were the application have exceeded the processing time.

I heard some people can get urgent processing, do you have any idea about that ? another option I heard you can higher someone a lawyer maybe to follow up on your case ? not really sure what I can do other than login to MyCIC and check the status ?

Thanks for your support as always :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna
I heard some people can get urgent processing, do you have any idea about that ?
That's only possible in extreme emergencies. I would not count on you getting urgent processing.

another option I heard you can higher someone a lawyer maybe to follow up on your case ?
An immigration lawyer/consultant/travel agent cannot do anything. If they claim they can get a TRV (or expedite the decision) then it is only to scam you of your money.

not really sure what I can do other than login to MyCIC and check the status ?
That's all you can do currently. There's no way of knowing how long a background check could take

Hope you get a positive decision soon :)

mfkoko321

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
@Bryanna Finally got the passport request letter :), I hope all goes well now.

Just one thing, I dont know if I should worry about it, I actually, got fed up and cancelled my airplane ticket to get my money back, now I will book another flight, should I update them ? or its fine ?

Thanks for your help Bryanna, you were very help full and supportive :) it took more than two months to get it

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna Finally got the passport request letter :), I hope all goes well now.
That's really great news :):)

So glad the long wait has come to an end for you. Everything will go well with passport submission. Hope the TRV is valid until your passport expiry.

Just one thing, I dont know if I should worry about it, I actually, got fed up and cancelled my airplane ticket to get my money back, now I will book another flight, should I update them ? or its fine ?
Travel plans can change. No need to inform IRCC

Reactions: mfkoko321