+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to change my application location ?

Kittens

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Hi, I applied for PR a yr ago and only receive AOR so far. I am hoping to get medical request soon but I want to go back to my country and return to canada after I get PR but I heard the medical request comes with a list of doctors in the country in which the application was filed. If I want get a request to do the medical in my country how can I change that ? Thanks

jonahyoo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Kittens said:
Hi, I applied for PR a yr ago and only receive AOR so far. I am hoping to get medical request soon but I want to go back to my country and return to canada after I get PR but I heard the medical request comes with a list of doctors in the country in which the application was filed. If I want get a request to do the medical in my country how can I change that ? Thanks
why don't you just do upfront medical exam and go back home?
that'll be easier I guess.

cecapp14

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Kittens said:
I have moved to UK since last April and what I did was to send them an email telling my change of address. Initially they updated the residential address only. A month ago I received the email for the RPRF request where they were asking if I wanted to change the mailing address as well. Now I am at the stage of receiving the permanent resident visa and the application has been moved to London, UK.

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kittens said:
Ok thank you, very helpfull :)

Thats the problem once u move to ur home country. Ur application moves out of canada where it might take longer. A better choice would be to stay here till u get ur pr. Then leave if you want.

Kittens

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
what if i am only going for three and a half months but i am expecting a medical request before that, fingers crossed, since i applied in Sept. 2014. Should I change my address or return to Canada to do medical to avoid delays in the processing time or would they accept a medical from another country if the request was sent in Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Kittens said:
what if i am only going for three and a half months but i am expecting a medical request before that, fingers crossed, since i applied in Sept. 2014. Should I change my address or return to Canada to do medical to avoid delays in the processing time or would they accept a medical from another country if the request was sent in Canada.
1, You can do your medical at any Panel Physician in the world.

andy103

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Kittens said:
you dont have to worry abt the changing of the location of ur location .... The CEC application is independent of the place where u stay ... when u go to UK just make sure u get the medical exam from CIC's panel also its upto u for doing upfront medical or not ... when the decision is made u can send ur passport to the canadian consulate ... pls dont worry abt changing the location CEC doesnt work like that

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
All old CEC applications were processed in CPC Ottawa, no matter where you are applied from the earth or venus :)