Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
I would like to know if there is any way to cancel the sponsorship of my husband. He has reached the decision made stage.. but I can't see the relationship continuing due to his abusive nature. Is there anything i can do..

pokie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-July-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
09-Sept-2015. "In process" 10-Sept-2015. Accra started processing Sept 23,2015. Medicals results received Oct 14,2015.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 21, 2016, didnt see the email until May 31,201. Passport sent to VO June 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2016
LANDED..........
June 16,2016
I think you should notify the visa office processing his sponsorship immediately.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
has he landed as a pr yet? if not then you can contact CIC and tell them you no longer wish to sponsor him. You can even go to the landing with him and tell the CBSA officer you don't wish to sponsor him anymore. I'm not sure what would happen in that case, though i'd suspect they would hold off on his landing until the issue is figured out.

if you've been married for less than 2 years, then he would have condition 51 on his PR and would be required to cohabitate with you for 2 years after landing. if he has already landed, and you don't see this happening, then again, you will need to call CIC and tell them the marriage has broken down.

essentially you have no control over how CIC decides to use this information and how long it will take for them to make a determination about his PR.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
I feel so sad when I hear cases like yours.
It's a hard long way until decision made to end this way.
Wish you the best.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
rhcohen2014 said:
has he landed as a pr yet? if not then you can contact CIC and tell them you no longer wish to sponsor him. You can even go to the landing with him and tell the CBSA officer you don't wish to sponsor him anymore. I'm not sure what would happen in that case, though i'd suspect they would hold off on his landing until the issue is figured out.

if you've been married for less than 2 years, then he would have condition 51 on his PR and would be required to cohabitate with you for 2 years after landing. if he has already landed, and you don't see this happening, then again, you will need to call CIC and tell them the marriage has broken down.

essentially you have no control over how CIC decides to use this information and how long it will take for them to make a determination about his PR.
I don't agree with the suggestion of "even going to the landing and telling cbsa". That's a waste of time, money, not to mention of visa office.
No need to create a fuss/drama at the airport...

Write a letter/fax to the visa office is enough.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
i was thinking more at a land border, where the sponsor can easily accompany the pr applicant. i'm sure at the airport it will be much more complicated. i don't think it's a waste of time or money at all. if this person is abusive and the sponsor does not want to sponsor anymore, getting the issue nipped in the bud as early as possible is CERTAINLY going to save a lot of time, effort and money in the future fighting for a removal (or quite possibly the risk of having to pay back welfare received by the applicant). i doubt "writing a letter to the visa office" is hardly going to be "enough". what if the letter never gets there or it gets there AFTER the applicant has landed? If the applicants has NOT landed, perhaps the best course of action is notifying CIC AND the visa office that issued the visa.

everyone has their own opinion, so to each their own...best of luck with whatever decision is made!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
rhcohen2014 said:
i was thinking more at a land border, where the sponsor can easily accompany the pr applicant. i'm sure at the airport it will be much more complicated. i don't think it's a waste of time or money at all. if this person is abusive and the sponsor does not want to sponsor anymore, getting the issue nipped in the bud as early as possible is CERTAINLY going to save a lot of time, effort and money in the future fighting for a removal (or quite possibly the risk of having to pay back welfare received by the applicant). i doubt "writing a letter to the visa office" is hardly going to be "enough". what if the letter never gets there or it gets there AFTER the applicant has landed? If the applicants has NOT landed, perhaps the best course of action is notifying CIC AND the visa office that issued the visa.

everyone has their own opinion, so to each their own...best of luck with whatever decision is made!

The applicant is here in Canada on a visitors visa and DM was made on March 10th , that's when the OP said DM was made. I am thinking that the papers have already been mailed out , to where i don't know. It could be Ireland where he applied from or Canada where he is right now . So airport landing is not an option but to flag pole. At this point i can only suggest she calls London but if the papers arrive and he decides to go ahead without her knowing he has landed then its going to be a hard fight to revoke it, even with condition 51 as at this point we don't have much evidence of any removals. He does have to answer at the boarder and make a statement that the relationship is still on going and no changes to the status ,but will he.

This is so sad to hear Mrs Purcy :(

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
taffy7 said:
The applicant is here in Canada on a visitors visa and DM was made on March 10th , that's when the OP said DM was made. I am thinking that the papers have already been mailed out , to where i don't know. It could be Ireland where he applied from or Canada where he is right now . So airport landing is not an option but to flag pole. At this point i can only suggest she calls London but if the papers arrive and he decides to go ahead without her knowing he has landed then its going to be a hard fight to revoke it, even with condition 51 as at this point we don't have much evidence of any removals. He does have to answer at the boarder and make a statement that the relationship is still on going and no changes to the status ,but will he.

This is so sad to hear Mrs Purcy :(
It is very sad. But I can't continue on this way...

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
just want to find a method most effective. Dont want to fight about it or drag it. it's hard.:

magtatah0

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24 2015
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
May 8 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
May 27 2015 (IP Sep 5 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 13 2015 (Nov 7 - DM)
You said, he is your husband? I do not know exactly your situation but I think, it is better to discuss it with him before you decide. Remember, you loved him before (I don't know now) and maybe he still loves you. There's a lot of issues that can be resolve when we communicate well. Save your marriage... :)

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
magtatah0 said:
You said, he is your husband? I do not know exactly your situation but I think, it is better to discuss it with him before you decide. Remember, you loved him before (I don't know now) and maybe he still loves you. There's a lot of issues that can be resolve when we communicate well. Save your marriage... :)

He is abusive and i don't think disusing it any more is going to change her mind. We all want to save our marriages but being scared half to death is no the way to save your marriage .

Reactions: aditya1208

magtatah0

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24 2015
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
May 8 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
May 27 2015 (IP Sep 5 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 13 2015 (Nov 7 - DM)
taffy7 said:
He is abusive and i don't think disusing it any more is going to change her mind. We all want to save our marriages but being scared half to death is no the way to save your marriage .
There are times we quickly judge when someone post issues and I am just here giving my 2 cents. My point is this, some people decide quickly when angry, resentful. I just wanted to know if she did everything and fought for relationship to work (even if he is abusive). The time you said, for better or for worse means to love him/her no matter what.

Note: I don't want to debate here. :)