+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to cancel an online citizenship application ?

ahmedsisy

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hi guys

I need to cancel my online citizenship application and to use the "Receipt of payment" in (on paper application)
how can I do this please? and how long it may take?
can I apply on paper for now with the same receipt instead of waiting for the cancellation?

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Hi guys

I need to cancel my online citizenship application and to use the "Receipt of payment" in (on paper application)
can I apply on paper for now with the same receipt instead of waiting for the cancellation?
You need to send a web form to formally withdraw your online application. By withdrawing your application IRCC will issue a refund to your credit card automatically. So I doubt you’d be able to use the same receipt with a paper application ..

Reactions: ahmedsisy

ahmedsisy

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
You need to send a web form to formally withdraw your online application. By withdrawing your application IRCC will issue a refund to your credit card automatically. So I doubt you’d be able to use the same receipt with a paper application ..
Thank you so much .. I have used the Web form but it's not really a Web form. .it is just a text box and you use to send a message. . Not an automated process and they don't say if they received the message or if they are processing the request. . I thought there should be more formal and efficient way ..

ahmedsisy

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
why do you want to withdraw online app? makes no sense
After alot of research. . Online application is a big trap .. I think most of online applicants will try to withdraw soon too .
The ircc declared that they are randomly choosing some applications. . .. how many ? Is there any time frame ???.. The answer is no .
Unless you are sure of your luck .. you can't know how long it may take to send an AOR
They sent only too few to online applicants since January. . .. It means simply that online applications will be AT LEAST 2 months later than paper applications.
I believe this is the right thing to do as soon as possible.

Goldenita

Jun 29, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys

I am doing the same thing, reapplying on paper with the same online payment receipt. I have not withdrawn my online application, as according to ircc my online application is not even valid. Instead I have put a cover letter on my paper application that I have applied online but since IRCC is saying online application is by invite only I am replying on paper

Dec 4, 2020
I am doing the same thing, reapplying on paper with the same online payment receipt. I have not withdrawn my online application, as according to ircc my online application is not even valid. Instead I have put a cover letter on my paper application that I have applied online but since IRCC is saying online application is by invite only I am replying on paper
Here's what I would do.

Apply on paper with the same payment receipt and leave the online application alone - don't send webform or call to ask for withdrawal. When they pick application for processing, they enter the payment against that particular application in system and balance on your receipt becomes zero. So, your 2nd application will automatically be rejected and returned due to payment- doesn't matter if it's online or paper. Don't add cover letter or anything.

I personally think online application will be processed faster.
Good luck!

Reactions: Goldenita

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
On CIC site it says not to do double applications. This will be another reason why application processing time will take longer

Dec 4, 2020
Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I don't think duplicate applications make any difference. What matters is the time it will take them to get to your application. They might pick up paper first and online later or other way around but either ways, only one application will be entered in to system(I can guarantee this from my personal experience).
Think of payment receipt as a prepaid voucher. When the case officer picks your 2nd or duplicate application(paper or online) and checks your payment in system, it will show a zero balance because it would have been used already by your first application. They will return your application by mail mentioning the application was incomplete (missing payment) for paper. If online application ends up being the 2nd one to be picked, you will just never get acknowledged (at least for now).
So decide for yourself what you have to lose.

Edit: if you are worried that your 1st application which is already entered in system be canceled because they found a duplicate one in paper or online - DON'T worry because it will have zero impact (confirmed from personal experience).

Zain.Lugo

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022
Hi guys

Did it work for you?

nima.mdi

Jun 19, 2020
Hi guys, I want to withdraw and apply on paper. anybody has any advice? how long does it take to cancel? should I wait for the cancelation first and then apply on paper or I just send a webform and send my paper application at the same time? did changing to print change your fortunes at all?

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Hi guys, I want to withdraw and apply on paper. anybody has any advice? how long does it take to cancel? should I wait for the cancelation first and then apply on paper or I just send a webform and send my paper application at the same time? did changing to print change your fortunes at all?
which office are you?
if you are from ottawa or quebec province it really doesn't matter online or on paper.
they both so slow, it make 0 difference.

• Haha
Reactions: A_S

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
If you received AOR, $550 from your application fees will not be returned. Now if you check Oct applicant they haven't yet received any AOR. So thinking as soon as you apply on paper will lead to faster processing won't always be true. So analyze the current situation before taking the decision.
Also I agree to what @xuan said, processing office plays a major role in your application timeline.