Star Member
Sep 14, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

Let me inform how we can calculate band score for GT reading listening writing speaking module, i mean if in reading 28 Qestion Answer correct out of 40 Question, how much band score? i am very confuse to handle this query,

Mozm

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mozam,

As far as writing and speaking modules are concerned, there is no fixed conversion table. Only a trained English teacher or IELTS examiner can give you a correct band on the basis of your peformance in these two modules.

In order to score band 7 in your listening section you must score 33-34 correct answers out of 40.

I remember that I was complemented by an IELTS examiner who was also a British college representative. I scored 6.5 band in Academic reading and she told me that I got a good score in the section. Marking rate must be higher for this that's why she had considered it a good score.

In order to achieve 6.5 band you must score around 30 in the reading section that's my wild guess.

I believe you have scored band 6 on the basis of your acquired score.

It is clearly stated that if you score above 30+ in both reading and listening sections during practice tests you're like to get your desired score anything below that students need more practice and English lessons.

Keep that in your mind before preparation.

hasnaat

Jul 7, 2010
Multan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Listening ruined me this time....... ???

I am expecting 7 + in Reading Section :)

Writing and Speaking went fine.

:|

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasnaat,

what is your ielts requirement by your university?

mozm

Star Member
Sep 14, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asad100101 said:
Hasnaat,

what is your ielts requirement by your university?
i Required GT for Immigration, Basically 9 points are short to touch 67, However, Forum trend says if your IELTS score not good, you may be in trouble zone, Visa office can refuse your application, so i require R 6.5 W 6.5 L 6.5 S 7.5, Whatever i solve the test i failed to rate my self, someone says 28 to 30 for 6.5 in reading, and somewhere i find 32 to 34 for 6.5 in GT, what is accurate still confused,

Mozm

hasnaat

Jul 7, 2010
Multan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brother Asad , this is 6.5 overall and no section with less than 6 :)