+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to bring my fiancee to Canada as soon as possible?

monsters

Jun 13, 2016
Hi Everyone,
I am eagerly looking for many methods how to bring my fiancee to Canada so that we can stay together as family. Current condition as below

I got my COPR and will be going to Canada by June 2017 to complete the process. I wanted to marry my girlfriend after the PR process completed. I am planning to sponsor her afterwards. But everywhere I am reading negative stories saying it will take long time to approve, very difficult to approve etc. We are different nationalities. We met each other in Singapore and we are in a relation for almost 9 years now. Is there some way that I can bring her along with me soon after my marriage or do I have to wait until sponsorship approved? To do this, is it better to seek help from a Canadian immigration agency, or do all the paperworks by myself? I applied for PR under FSWP by myself without any agency help.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
monsters said:
Hi Everyone,
I am eagerly looking for many methods how to bring my fiancee to Canada so that we can stay together as family. Current condition as below

I got my COPR and will be going to Canada by June 2017 to complete the process. I wanted to marry my girlfriend after the PR process completed. I am planning to sponsor her afterwards. But everywhere I am reading negative stories saying it will take long time to approve, very difficult to approve etc. We are different nationalities. We met each other in Singapore and we are in a relation for almost 9 years now. Is there some way that I can bring her along with me soon after my marriage or do I have to wait until sponsorship approved? To do this, is it better to seek help from a Canadian immigration agency, or do all the paperworks by myself? I applied for PR under FSWP by myself without any agency help.
I may be wrong but I think you have to wait three years before you can sponsor her. Can she come on her own with a visitor or student visa or some other immigration program?

monsters

Jun 13, 2016
Sous02 said:
I may be wrong but I think you have to wait three years before you can sponsor her. Can she come on her own with a visitor or student visa or some other immigration program?
3 years! What I heard from others was, i just need to get a job only in order to sponsor her. She can apply to come as a visitor. But since I am going to marry her later, I think it will affect her visiting visa approval. Because in order to get a visiting visa approved, she should show valid evidence to prove that she will go back to the country from where she came before the visa expiry. So this marriage relation will be a blocking point for that.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
monsters said:
Hi Everyone,

You've been together 9 years, which is a long time. Have you guys lived together at any point in that period for a year, continuously?

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
monsters said:
Hi Everyone,

Straight forward; Apply TRV for your girlfriend in few weeks. Gives her freedom to travel to Canada.

You can bring her to Canada by applying outland process. Wait time is 12 months. But for that you have to get married. Conjugal case is difficult to prove.

Inland is another option if you can bear the finances.

monsters

Jun 13, 2016
danawhitaker said:
You've been together 9 years, which is a long time. Have you guys lived together at any point in that period for a year, continuously?
Currently we are living together which is about more than 1 year. 1 year and 2 months exact.

monsters

Jun 13, 2016
nartcr said:
Straight forward; Apply TRV for your girlfriend in few weeks. Gives her freedom to travel to Canada.

You can bring her to Canada by applying outland process. Wait time is 12 months. But for that you have to get married. Conjugal case is difficult to prove.

Inland is another option if you can bear the finances.
TRV means tourist visa right? But applying a tourist visa for her now will affect her sponsorship later? Because currently we already know and decided about marriage. So does it considered as hiding the fact?

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
monsters said:
Currently we are living together which is about more than 1 year. 1 year and 2 months exact.
Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you should have declared her as your common law spouse on your own PR application in that case.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
danawhitaker said:
Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you should have declared her as your common law spouse on your own PR application in that case.
Yes, that is correct.

monsters

Jun 13, 2016
danawhitaker said:
But if i do that, my current approved PR will be put on hold and another round of PR application will carry forward right? So basically it will take more time again. And also from what I heard, if anything goes wrong with that, both mine and her PR will be rejected. Am I right?

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
danawhitaker said:
It depends on cohabitation period. If they live under a single roof for 12 consecutive months at the time of submission of OP's application, then yes.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=346&top=14

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
nartcr said:
It depends on cohabitation period. If they live under a single roof for 12 consecutive months at the time of submission of OP's application, then yes.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=346&top=14
And I'd assume that if that status changed during the period the application was being processed and/or after COPR was received that CIC would need to be notified of the change?

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
danawhitaker said:
And I'd assume that if that status changed during the period the application was being processed and/or after COPR was received that CIC would need to be notified of the change?
They don't.

This is all they say in PPR.

"Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:

 Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
 Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a
child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child
 Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
 Change in health;
 You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
 Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

Your failure to inform IRCC offices of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.

Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations."

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
nartcr said:
They don't.

This is all they say in PPR.

"Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:

 Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
 Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a
child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child
 Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
 Change in health;
 You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
 Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

Your failure to inform IRCC offices of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.

Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations."
I have my thoughts on this based on what I've seen people say about similar situations that have come up on the forum, but I'm going to leave it to more senior members to chime in with an answer for the OP.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
monsters said:
But if i do that, my current approved PR will be put on hold and another round of PR application will carry forward right? So basically it will take more time again. And also from what I heard, if anything goes wrong with that, both mine and her PR will be rejected. Am I right?
You MUST DECLARE your common-law partner in your application now.

If you fail to include her, she will be forever excluded from the Family Class and you will NEVER be able to sponsor her. It is also misrepresentation, immigration fraud.