+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for Supervisa, when my parents are already in Canada on visitorvisa

deep117

Jun 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

My parents are here on visitorvisa. They have 10 years multiple visitor visa and are allowed 6 months legal stay. They are already here for 4 months now. I want to apply for Supervisa while they are here, is this possible? What are the requirements?

I am not sure if I earn enough to meet the requirements.

Could somebody kindly tell me the requirements and the process.

I highly appriciate the response! Thank you!

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
You need to apply for 2 year extension, just provide all the paperwork which would be required for Supervisa

Read here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp

Parents and Grandparents – Authorized Period of Extended Stay

About the authorized period of extended stay

On November 4, 2011, CIC announced a temporary pause on all new sponsorship applications for the parents and grandparents category. With the introduction of this pause, CIC implemented an Authorized Period of Extended Stay for up to two years for applicants seeking to extend their visit with their child or grandchild who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

This Authorized Period of Extended Stay allows visitors to stay for a period of up to two years.

Note: Parents and grandparents already in Canada on a temporary resident status may apply for a two-year extended stay through the Case Processing Centre-Vegreville (CPC-V) by using this application package.
Who may apply for an Extended Stay?

To apply for the Authorized period of Extended Stay you must either be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.

Note: You cannot include your dependent children in this application. Only your spouse or common-law partner is eligible under this provision.
What must I do to obtain an Extended Stay?

In order to obtain an Authorized Period of Extended Stay Visa, you need to provide:

evidence of the parent or grandparent relationship to the Canadian citizen or permanent resident you wish to visit (e.g. birth certificate, baptismal certificate or other official documents naming you as parent),
a letter of invitation from your child or grandchild which includes arrangements for care and support,
proof from your child or grandchild that he meets the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)
proof of that you have private medical insurance valid for a minimum of one year from a Canadian insurance company and that:
covers health care, hospitalization and repatriation,
provides a minimum coverage of $100 000, and
is valid for each entry to Canada and be available for review by a port of entry officer.
Note: You will be required to undergo a medical examination. Medical instructions will be provided by CPC-Vegreville. You are not required to complete a medical examination before you submit your application forms.
What must my child or grandchild do to meet the LICO minimum?

You child or grandchild’s income must meet or exceed the minimum necessary income, as identified annually in the Income Table.

In the letter of invitation he must calculate his family size. This factor determines the amount of income he needs to be able to provide care and support for you and your spouse, if applicable. Your child or grandchild may use the steps below to calculate the family size:

Your child or grandchild counts:
himself
his spouse or common-law partner,
his dependent children,
any person he may have sponsored previously and for whom the sponsorship agreement and undertaking are still in effect.
He counts the number of persons he will be supporting:
you, and
your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable.
He calculates the number of persons covered by steps 1 and 2. The total represents his family size.
He looks at the LICO in the Income Table in this guide to determine if he meets the minimum required for his family size.
To demonstrate that he meets the minimum income required, your child or grandchild may include one of the documents listed in the Document Checklist (IMM 5558).

teddyd

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-May-2014
Nomination.....
17-Sept-2014
IELTS Request
sent with package
Med's Request
10-dec-2014
Med's Done....
29-dec-2014
Passport Req..
15-jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
Apr 1 2015
user828 said:
You need to apply for 2 year extension, just provide all the paperwork which would be required for Supervisa

Read here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp

Parents and Grandparents – Authorized Period of Extended Stay

About the authorized period of extended stay

On November 4, 2011, CIC announced a temporary pause on all new sponsorship applications for the parents and grandparents category. With the introduction of this pause, CIC implemented an Authorized Period of Extended Stay for up to two years for applicants seeking to extend their visit with their child or grandchild who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

This Authorized Period of Extended Stay allows visitors to stay for a period of up to two years.

Note: Parents and grandparents already in Canada on a temporary resident status may apply for a two-year extended stay through the Case Processing Centre-Vegreville (CPC-V) by using this application package.
Who may apply for an Extended Stay?

To apply for the Authorized period of Extended Stay you must either be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.

Note: You cannot include your dependent children in this application. Only your spouse or common-law partner is eligible under this provision.
What must I do to obtain an Extended Stay?

In order to obtain an Authorized Period of Extended Stay Visa, you need to provide:

evidence of the parent or grandparent relationship to the Canadian citizen or permanent resident you wish to visit (e.g. birth certificate, baptismal certificate or other official documents naming you as parent),
a letter of invitation from your child or grandchild which includes arrangements for care and support,
proof from your child or grandchild that he meets the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)
proof of that you have private medical insurance valid for a minimum of one year from a Canadian insurance company and that:
covers health care, hospitalization and repatriation,
provides a minimum coverage of $100 000, and
is valid for each entry to Canada and be available for review by a port of entry officer.
Note: You will be required to undergo a medical examination. Medical instructions will be provided by CPC-Vegreville. You are not required to complete a medical examination before you submit your application forms.
What must my child or grandchild do to meet the LICO minimum?

You child or grandchild's income must meet or exceed the minimum necessary income, as identified annually in the Income Table.

In the letter of invitation he must calculate his family size. This factor determines the amount of income he needs to be able to provide care and support for you and your spouse, if applicable. Your child or grandchild may use the steps below to calculate the family size:

Your child or grandchild counts:
himself
his spouse or common-law partner,
his dependent children,
any person he may have sponsored previously and for whom the sponsorship agreement and undertaking are still in effect.
He counts the number of persons he will be supporting:
you, and
your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable.
He calculates the number of persons covered by steps 1 and 2. The total represents his family size.
He looks at the LICO in the Income Table in this guide to determine if he meets the minimum required for his family size.
To demonstrate that he meets the minimum income required, your child or grandchild may include one of the documents listed in the Document Checklist (IMM 5558).
thanks great info