+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Apply for a Visitor Visa to India if I don't have a Given Name in my Canadian Passport?

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Hello Guys,

I came to Canada as a PR from India in 2014 and got Citizenship in 2018. I am planning to Visit India in August 2023 on a Visitor Visa.

I have renounced my Indian Citizenship in 2018. I don't have a Sur Name in my cancelled Indian passport. In my Canadian Passport I don't have a Given Name, my Given Name is entered as a Sur Name in my Canadian Passport and in the place of Given Name it has mentioned as "XXX".

For Applying a Visitor Visa to India, I think Given Name is a mandatory field. In this case, can I just fill my Sur Name (In the Canadian Passport) as my Given Name in the Visa Application Form and leave my Sur Name Field as blank?

Please advise

Thank you so much

Buddha13

Apr 21, 2019
@jithucan123 have you submitted your visa ? I got the same situation but slightly different now days Canada passport service stopped putting XXX and it’s blank. So confused what i should put

Jaipal Pawar

Dec 8, 2019
Any idea or news guys till when the Indian Visa be suspended.. ?

We have a newborn in Canada & need to travel to India with tickets booked for Nov 10th.

shksingh

Sep 16, 2023
Hello Guys,

I came to Canada as a PR from India in 2014 and got Citizenship in 2018. I am planning to Visit India in August 2023 on a Visitor Visa.

I have renounced my Indian Citizenship in 2018. I don't have a Sur Name in my cancelled Indian passport. In my Canadian Passport I don't have a Given Name, my Given Name is entered as a Sur Name in my Canadian Passport and in the place of Given Name it has mentioned as "XXX".

For Applying a Visitor Visa to India, I think Given Name is a mandatory field. In this case, can I just fill my Sur Name (In the Canadian Passport) as my Given Name in the Visa Application Form and leave my Sur Name Field as blank?

Please advise

Thank you so much
Hi,
I have similar situation. Did you get the evisa ?

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
Hello Guys,

Please advise

Thank you so much

Hi, how did you fill out the form as I'm in same situation.
Thanks.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Technically,
IF you have blank surname , type in the same given name in both fields.
If you have XXX , type XXX in the field.