+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to apply CCB continually after PR

lucky3000

Sep 15, 2023
Hi,everyone,thanks for your help,if you have some experience just like me,can you help me?
I applied for a CCB 18 months after coming to Canada, but in February 2022, due to the expiration of my work permit, the CCB was terminated. Then I got PR and applied for a new SIN. and applied for a new CRA account with the new SIN, I submitted my eCOPR through the portal in CRA account and asked for CCB. After some days, i received several letters regarding CCB, GST, and CAI, asked for my global income before coming to Canada to assess the amount of benefits I should receive. (I don’t know if these emails are in response to my application for CCB.)I consulted my accountant, and she suggested that I reply them with some letters to give the information they need.
so I replied, but until today It has been more than 2.5 months,there is nothing news .
Is my application method wrong? Especially for CCB, I have submitted RC66 RC66SCH and CTB9 in my first application all the information they want to know i have already gave them when i applied the CCB in 2021.
So can you tell me
1.do I need to reapply and submit RC66, RC66SCH,CTB9 onec again after becoming a PR? If so, why did the CRA write to me? Wouldn't it be simpler for them to just tell me to submit these files?
2.what should I do next? Just waiting?i don't like to call the CRA, because my English is not good enough.
3.when you get your new SIN and creat a new CRA account,did you received these letter just like me
NOTE: We file taxes every year when we should file

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,everyone,thanks for your help,if you have some experience just like me,can you help me?
I applied for a CCB 18 months after coming to Canada, but in February 2022, due to the expiration of my work permit, the CCB was terminated. Then I got PR and applied for a new SIN. and applied for a new CRA account with the new SIN, I submitted my eCOPR through the portal in CRA account and asked for CCB. After some days, i received several letters regarding CCB, GST, and CAI, asked for my global income before coming to Canada to assess the amount of benefits I should receive. (I don’t know if these emails are in response to my application for CCB.)I consulted my accountant, and she suggested that I reply them with some letters to give the information they need.
so I replied, but until today It has been more than 2.5 months,there is nothing news .
Is my application method wrong? Especially for CCB, I have submitted RC66 RC66SCH and CTB9 in my first application all the information they want to know i have already gave them when i applied the CCB in 2021.
So can you tell me
1.do I need to reapply and submit RC66, RC66SCH,CTB9 onec again after becoming a PR? If so, why did the CRA write to me? Wouldn't it be simpler for them to just tell me to submit these files?
2.what should I do next? Just waiting?i don't like to call the CRA, because my English is not good enough.
3.when you get your new SIN and creat a new CRA account,did you received these letter just like me
NOTE: We file taxes every year when we should file
How about ask your accountant to find out on your behalf?

lucky3000

Sep 15, 2023
How about ask your accountant to find out on your behalf?
Thanks for your reply
I asked her, but she didn't reply. I guess she didn't understand everything. Maybe submitting the forms (RC66 RC66SCH and CTB9) again after obtaining PR is the correct way.
But my accountant asked me to write a reply letter at the time. It may be wrong.
I want to know how others do it.