+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How NOT to miss any ceremony or Citizenship test????

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks,

Develop a habit to check status of your Citizenship Application EVERY DAY!!! setup alarm or gmail notification in your gmail/google calendar for every day between application submit date and untill you get OATH. By this way even if you are travelling you will know what is going on.

There are lots of mail forwarding services so if you are travelling overseas, buy that mail forwarding service and they can mail you your letter of invitation of citizenship or invitation of oath at foreign address and then you can fly back to Canada accordingly to participate in either test or oath.

kimba409

Aug 25, 2015
Thank you for the reminder ;D

Just wanted to add something though, CIC letters can't be forwarded! Their envelopes state 'do not forward' (while i haven't needed to use this service myself, i have indeed seen the 'do not forward' stamps on CIC envelopes, and have a friend who tried using it as well)

I am not entirely sure what happens to these letters (whether they get sent back or held at the post office - no clue) but its risky business. just a headsup for anyone looking to use this service :)

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
And if you are traveling for more than 2 weeks, can always cal the CIC call center and update them. They will make a note in your file accordingly.

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
mehtapr said:
And if you are traveling for more than 2 weeks, can always cal the CIC call center and update them. They will make a note in your file accordingly.
They do make a note of it. But rarely actions on it. I had called them up to advise of my travel plans during my test time. Unfortunately though they did make a note, the test date was set up for when I was out of the country. Just my experience. Somehow each case seems to be different and no two experiences are the same!!!!!

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
And don't forget also of all those massive amount of people who don't have their e-CAS updated accordingly. Like people who are already Canadians and ther e-CAS never got any updated after "In Process..."