+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much time to go to Canada after permission as permanent resident?

johndoebr

Jul 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey ppl,

i still not received ITA, but just to know for my planning,

after ITA and get the Permission as permanent resident, how much time do we have to move to Canada?
there is any time limit or we can move after many months/a year?

thanks in advance ;D

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johndoebr said:
Hey ppl,

i still not received ITA, but just to know for my planning,

after ITA and get the Permission as permanent resident, how much time do we have to move to Canada?
there is any time limit or we can move after many months/a year?

thanks in advance ;D
Your CoPR document that you receive in the mail will have an expiry date. You MUST come to Canada to land before that date. It is typically associated with the 1 year anniversary date of when you had your immigration medical exam. For example, if you had your exam in February of this year, your CoPR should be valid until February 2016.

micasky

Jul 25, 2015
Hi, I have received my CSQ from Quebec provincial since October 2014 and then the application to Federal is November 2014. No matter I have not receive the file number until now but immigration fee by CIC is deducted on March 2015.

With my friend saying they have already passed interview, taking CSQ and get file number after 3-4 months. Afterwards, they only spend not more than totally 8-13 months to finish ME and criminal check and finally landed to Canada Quebec.

So, I want to enquiry how often the process time spend after the CSQ/file number issue? Many thanks to your feedback!

vik_gd

Jul 26, 2015
Hi,

I have recently completed my medical exam...

also provided PCC, Proof of funds and the landing payment (by credit card)

Any idea how long will it take to get visa?