+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

thekert

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
I will be submitting my passport soon at VFS Pune. How much time is ndvo taking for processing passports at the moment, also is the courier delivery option safe enough to take

May 10, 2019
Hello All,

I've received the stamped passport back today. Sharing the timeline here, for everyone's reference. I had submitted the passport at VFS Bangalore:

• PPR 20-Mar
  • Passport Submission 25-Mar
  • From Bangalore to Delhi 25-Mar
  • Received at Delhi 26-Mar
  • Sent to IRCC 26-Mar
  • Under Process at IRCC 26-Mar
  • Sent back from IRCC 03-Apr
  • Delhi to Bangalore 04-Apr
  • Received at Bangalore 06-Apr
  • Collected 08-Apr
Got a mail from CIC stating the PR application is sent to Delhi visa office from Mississauga. What does this mean? I have already completed biometric and medical exam. How much more time it would take?

Sammy1988

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
@Sammy1988 , @Sneha_Balaji
I am in similar situation, I was asked to submit passport to High Commission in Singapore though I updated IRCC that I moved to India in Mar'19

I submitted the passport photo to VFS-Chennai on Apr 5th and is under process at IRCC from April 10th as per the VFS tracker status. Well it overshadows the fact I received PPR email in 3 months and 1 week !
Guess they are taking their own sweet time.
I just sent my passport to CPC Ottawa directly instead of sending it to VFS here in US.
Let's see how long its gonna take. Will keep posted.

Reactions: IntelliCommunity

andycarb

May 9, 2019
***URGENT***
Hi Everyone,
My parents got Ready for Visa email on April-24th and we sent passports thru VFS Ahmadabad, It shoes that it is under process at IRCC New Delhi on 29/Apr/2019. Concern is that they have flights booked for 19th May to come to Canada, they have a visitor visa but that is of no use if they dont have their passport. We are stressed as there are only 3 business days remaining before passport must leave Delhi for it to get to Ahmedabad by Friday. Any ideas here? I have sent email and filled out web form, We had attached flight tickets with the passport submitting. Anyone else around this timeline?
We dont have any online access, when I look at the status it says "decision made"
Is there any way to go to delhi high Commission to pick this up in person? Or contact them by walking in?

Last edited:

tintu1717

Apr 3, 2019
WAYANAD, KERALA, INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
29/11/2018
AOR Received.
10/12/2018
Passport Req..
09-05-2019
Hi all,
Good morning,
As we are planning to submit our passport in VFS global, I had an inquiry whether we need to carry the specified photographs or do the VFSglobal Bangalore,India has this service, so we can take the photographs from there with the required specification.
Kindly reply.

D

Deleted member 810875

Hi all,
Good morning,
As we are planning to submit our passport in VFS global, I had an inquiry whether we need to carry the specified photographs or do the VFSglobal Bangalore,India has this service, so we can take the photographs from there with the required specification.
Kindly reply.
take the pictures.

Reactions: tintu1717

Desertguy2706

May 13, 2019
Hello All, I have an inquiry on the PPR. I have received the request on 5/3/2019 and I have submitted it on 5/6/2019 and I received an update from VFS that your application is under process at IRCC Delhi on 5/8/2019. I need to know how much time will it take for visa stamping and in how many days it takes to get delivered. Are there any chances of getting it rejected at this point of time. I m very stressed please help me out

chintan3387

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hello All, I have an inquiry on the PPR. I have received the request on 5/3/2019 and I have submitted it on 5/6/2019 and I received an update from VFS that your application is under process at IRCC Delhi on 5/8/2019. I need to know how much time will it take for visa stamping and in how many days it takes to get delivered. Are there any chances of getting it rejected at this point of time. I m very stressed please help me out
There is no chance of your application getting rejected. Ready for Visa email means all the checks have been completed, and then only they issue PPR email. haven't heard of anyone who got rejected after getting PPR email. In India currently it is taking 15-20 days to get the stamped passport back after it has reached IRCC Delhi.

Desertguy2706

May 13, 2019
There is no chance of your application getting rejected. Ready for Visa email means all the checks have been completed, and then only they issue PPR email. haven't heard of anyone who got rejected after getting PPR email. In India currently it is taking 15-20 days to get the stamped passport back after it has reached IRCC Delhi.
Thanks for your prompt response now I am a bit relaxed after knowing the time frame.

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Guys.

I got my passport today.

Submitted on 24th, reached IRCC Office at New Delhi on 26th April.. Passport got stamped on 10th May and received it today.