Dear Qorax

What form of money we can carry to prove FUND over there
1) Traveler Cheque
2) FD Receipt
3) CAD
4) Others if any.

Please suggest I have FD with bank.
Qorax's posting in one of his thread:

If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:
• cash
• securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
• negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders).

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

The best thing will be to get a draft drawn on Toronto Dominion Bank (i.e TD Bank). It is one of the famous banks of canada and they can credit the draft within 5 working days..best of luck.
PS: Dont carry more than 1500 CAD in cash.This amount is more than sufficient for about 2 weeks (considering an average spending for family of 3).

jacob333

Aug 2, 2010
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th november 2009
Doc's Request.
new delhi 6/05 2010
AOR Received.
16/05 2010
IELTS Request
7.5 submitted
File Transfer...
20/01 2010
Med's Request
1st october 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st october
VISA ISSUED...
29th november
malu08 said:
I am Planning for March 2011. What bout you?
hi malu, m planning for mid jan .. if u plan in jan, we can stick together . ur views ?

regards
jacob

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
jacob333 said:
hi malu, m planning for mid jan .. if u plan in jan, we can stick together . ur views ?

regards
jacob
I afraid I would have also loved to move earlier, but due to personal commitments have to stay longer.
Whats you NOC and Which flight you have booked? I am planning to book ticket with BA from New Delhi to Toronto.

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
ankit_20 said:
Malu what is your feedback based on internet search for Jobs
For IT good part is, it does not come under regulated category like other occupations and does not require any kind of certification to get a job. We can straight away fix interviews. I guess economy there is not bad and showing good sign of improvement. We can expect minimum 5-6 interview Calls in a month or more... Most of the jobs right now are contractual like for 6 months or less. Good thing about this is you can make good money in contracts jobs which will pay you hourly basis. but flip side is job security and Will always be on the toe to look for another one or to extend the current one.

what do you think? when is your plan to move?

Benjamin Sapkota

Jul 1, 2010
kolkata, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
3rd April, 2011
malu08 said:
Thanks. It will help.
hi malu,
pls forward me the mail sent by explorer, i also need to knw what should be the proportion of funds in terms of cash, D/D and T/cheque

regards,
benjamin

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Benjamin Sapkota said:
hi malu,
pls forward me the mail sent by explorer, i also need to knw what should be the proportion of funds in terms of cash, D/D and T/cheque

regards,
benjamin
Done. chk your InBox

capriraj

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

Could you please send me the email sent to you by Explorer about carrying funds from India. I am landing in March as well. All the Best To you mate!!

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Can one of you guys forward that mail from explorer that explains how much money we can carry from India? I will highly appreciate the same. I am also planning to land sometime in April/May of 2011. Many thanks.

MarkCan

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As an immigrat u can carry 100 K USD from India MAx in a year w/o RBI approval for more than that u need RBI approval

If u carry more than 10K with u, u need to declare that at Canadian immigration

Saurabh113

Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO- File Transferred to WVO by CIC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER 30-01-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent Along with application
File Transfer...
2nd Line updated on 10-04-2015-"We started processing your application on 07-04-2015"
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
06-05-2015. 3rd Line updated on 14-05-15. "Medical results have been received".
Interview........
Decision made 23-07-15
Passport Req..
24-07-15
VISA ISSUED...
Submitted Passports- 03-08-15
LANDED..........
15-09-2015
Dear All,

I have few queries.. although it is too early as my DM is not updated on eCAS.

1. How much cash (in USD terms) i/individual can carry and pass through customs from Indian emigration. Do we need to declare something while leaving. I have got info for opening bank account in scotia bank from India itself . But my query is specific for info required for carrying cash.

2. If we are having some jewelry to bring to Canada, can we declare at Canadian immigration by showing pics etc and can bring it later on 2nd visit to Canada, or it would be required to come on my 1st landing to Canada only. Secondly same as cash how much jewelry/gold can we carry before passing through Indian emigration and customs?

3. can anyone help me giving schedule of CIIP sessions for August and September month of this year.

Pls help me advising on above queries.. tks..

Thanks.