+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW MUCH LUGGAGE?

syeda

Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I want to know how much luggage we can take on the plane,from saudiarabia to canada?If anyone has any idea ,kindly guide me.
Thanks,
SYEDA

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
surf your preferred airline website. You'll find this info there.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

You are allowed to take checked baggage 2 pcs per person weighing 23 kg per pc ( total 46 kg per one ticket.)

Hand carry one bag weighing 7 to 10 kg depending on the air line you travel plus a passnger can take his lap top computer additionally.

syeda said:
Hi guys,
I want to know how much luggage we can take on the plane,from saudiarabia to canada?If anyone has any idea ,kindly guide me.
Thanks,
SYEDA

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
wilson said:
Hi

You are allowed to take checked baggage 2 pcs per person weighing 23 kg per pc ( total 46 kg per one ticket.)

Hand carry one bag weighing 7 to 10 kg depending on the air line you travel plus a passnger can take his lap top computer additionally.
Right. And kids up to two years are entitled for one suitcase of maximum 10 Kgs. and one hand bag of 7 Kgs. Actually you can carry as much as suitcases you want with any weight but you will need to pay for the extra weight in per/pound basis when the above mentioned numbers are crossed.

syeda

Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
calgirl said:
Right. And kids up to two years are entitled for one suitcase of maximum 10 Kgs. and one hand bag of 7 Kgs. Actually you can carry as much as suitcases you want with any weight but you will need to pay for the extra weight in per/pound basis when the above mentioned numbers are crossed.
Hi guys,
Thanks for replying me.One thing more,are you both from middleeast?is this the weight from saudi arabia to canada?adults are getting good weight of luggages 46kg per person and kids up to 2 years 10 kg plus 7kg hand carry per ticket.Have i got it now?Have you ever gone to Canada?if yes, then what are the things one could take in his/her luggage?any guidance....
Thanks,
SYEDA

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Syeda,

I am a PR in Canada, located in Toronto, but were working in Middle East over 25 years at the International Airports.
Regarding your enquiry about the baggage rules, I have already explained briefly.
I can make it more clear:

For USA and CANADA destinations, all the major air lines adopt "piece concept" for the checked baggage rules which is standard : 23 kg x 2 = 46 Kg for economy class. Dimension of each pc is limited to maximum 62 inch (158 cm). You don't have to measure, approx it is large in size.

If you are travelling to any other destination ex: Asia or Europe, from Saudi Arabia the Saudi airlines and most other airlines used to allow total baggage weight ranging from 35 to 45 kg ( or even more) per passenger but each piece is limited to 32 kg. Hand carry will be in addition and may go over 10 to 15 kg, depending on the mercy of the check-in staff at the airport counters.

Suppose if you are flying by Saudi Airlines to Canada ( there is no direct flight of Saudia to Canada) perhaps they may (?) allow more weight but it will create problem with the connecting airline at any of the airports in Europe. You may be travelling via Frankfurt, Paris, Amsterdam, Zurich, Rome or London with an onward connection to Canada. Mostly it will be Air Canada, Lufthansa or British Airways etc... if you are not going via USA. Those airlines will charge for the excess baggage.

So be careful and make sure with the airline before you travel.

Good luck!!.

R

Rami Farah

Hi Wilson, and Thank you.. your reply is very informative..

Could you please clear the followings...

1. What is the best one way economic flight to Canada (Edmonton) from UAE? the expected time in April or May2010

Regards,

Rami

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

There are lot of flights leaving from UAE ( DXB and AUH) airports. Jet airways is cheaper comparing to other airlines even though it goes from Dubai to Edmonton via Bombay and Heathrow (LHR).
British Airways and some American Airlines including Air Canda have higher rates.. But if you contact any travel agent they will give you the cheaper rate when some airlines make promotion offers with discounted rate on this sector.. Don't forget to check with at least three or four travel agents to compare for best rate.

Regards

R

Rami Farah

Thanks Wilson :D

What about rate for 2 years children ticket and luggage rules? any idea?

Regards

Rami,