Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
Does anyone know how much luggage we can carry? I'll be going to Vancouver from Bombay and I want to be sure of how much I can carry, beforehand. Does a spouse visa entitle us to carry more than a regular visitor? Please help!

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Check before buying ticket as some airling got 23 kg and some got 46 kg .
Going above your allownce is too expensive .

Do enquire ship cargo rates , that cheaper sometime to send extra baggage .

jopok

Star Member
Oct 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
26-05-2010
Med's Request
16-08-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010
Interview........
14-05-2012
Passport Req..
21-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2012
whizbee said:
Does anyone know how much luggage we can carry? I'll be going to Vancouver from Bombay and I want to be sure of how much I can carry, beforehand. Does a spouse visa entitle us to carry more than a regular visitor? Please help!
@whizbee,

It depends on the Airline Company. however, they will inform you all the information you will need regarding luggage weight limit.

whizbee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
I am considering sending by DHL ocean.

I checked Jet Airways and they say from Bombay to Toronto you are allowed two 23 kg bags. But they don't fly to Vancouver. They give you an Air Canada flight from London and till London you are only allowed one piece of luggage. How stupid is that? So till Toronto I can carry two pieces but if I want to go to Vancouver, I can carry only one?

Jafffna

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Watreloo
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 March 2012
AOR Received.
04 June 2012
File Transfer...
04 June 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
whizbee said:
I am considering sending by DHL ocean.

I checked Jet Airways and they say from Bombay to Toronto you are allowed two 23 kg bags. But they don't fly to Vancouver. They give you an Air Canada flight from London and till London you are only allowed one piece of luggage. How stupid is that? So till Toronto I can carry two pieces but if I want to go to Vancouver, I can carry only one?
How many luggage depends on the checking-in airlines. I guess still you can carry two pieces. As you are checking-in in India and it is allowed in Jet airways...so Air Canada will carry without any pay. But you can carry only one from Vancouver to India in that same route. I am pretty sure about this rule (one of my friend did that in Jan 2012), but airlines people some times misguide.. call them 2-3 times for the correct information before you fly.

whizbee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
Jafffna said:
How many luggage depends on the checking-in airlines. I guess still you can carry two pieces. As you are checking-in in India and it is allowed in Jet airways...so Air Canada will carry without any pay. But you can carry only one from Vancouver to India in that same route. I am pretty sure about this rule (one of my friend did that in Jan 2012), but airlines people some times misguide.. call them 2-3 times for the correct information before you fly.
Thanks for your reply. I am still trying to figure out which airline I should fly with.

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
Jafffna said:
You are correct. The airline that you book the ticket with is the airline whose rules will apply :)