+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how much amount in canadian dollars we can carry to canada

gmohiuddin

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how much canadian dollars we can carry when going to canada, what is the maximum limit

if me, my wife, one child and one infant are going to canada then how much Canadian dollars (maximum) we can carry

awaiting to see your experiences

maq0r

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no maximum limit

However, if you are carrying more than 10.000$ you have to declare them, don't worry you don't have to pay any taxes on them (if you are doing a landing of course)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Bumped to link with this post:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?action=post;topic=50403.0;num_replies=1
So many conflicting posts... Which one needs the answer now?

iii

Jul 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gmohiuddin said:
how much canadian dollars we can carry when going to canada, what is the maximum limit

if me, my wife, one child and one infant are going to canada then how much Canadian dollars (maximum) we can carry

All ur recent posts about 12 of them almost simultaneously are misleading and erratic. I hope u're not playing on our sensibilities.

mrbaig

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gmohiuddin said:

Dear gmohiuddin,

You need $20,599 for 4 members including you.
These amounts are updated every year, so, check this page for most updated information, when you r about to fly:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

CIC suggests bring as much money as possible to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier.There isn't any maximum limit.

NOTE: If you have Arranged Employment Offer then you dont need to show these funds.

But at the same time find out how much it costs to live where you are planning to settle in Canada.

The Government of Canada does not provide financial support to new skilled worker immigrants.

Disclosure of funds

If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison.

These funds could be in the form of:

cash securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).

Hope it helps

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
Hi

juz for information;

what if some one arrange or open bank account in canada bank before arriving in canada , like opening account in scotiabank canada while being in dubai. Does it also required to mention at the time of landing regarding the opened account ?

Any idea ?

(for reference:- http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t34013.0.html )

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hi,

Will bank levy transaction charge if I transfer money from forex card to bank account I create post landing?

Whats the maximum limit that one can withdraw from ATM through Forex card ? Will Canadian bank levy transaction charges ?