+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how many months prior i can travel to Canada for September intake ?

pb11

Apr 24, 2017
Toronto
LILIN said:
how much to carry for per month
See there is actually no process that they will ask you show funds. This might only happen in the worst scenario that you have to declare your funds at the immigration check if they found that you are traveling too early. Sometimes they just let you go without asking anything or they will send back to your country.

Secondly, regarding per month I would suggest you to ask some who is local as if you live in Manitoba, Alberta or Saskatchewan you will survive for $500 a month (room sharing + food)

In Ontario, a basement with sharing will alone cost you for $500 rent.

I suggest you to kindly look for accommodation from here only else it will cost you more looking there as real estate agent charge whopping amount.

shanzra

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LILIN said:
how much to carry for per month
All are rumours..
One can travel anytime after getting visa on passport..
On landing immigration officers never ask for money that u need to carry..because that is one`s personal matter..
just go to SERVICE CANADA and they will get you YOUR CIN number..
go to scotia bank after reaching and they will open your account and get you credit card worth $1000 and $2000 in your account.and rest they will pay as $667 in next 12 months..
this thing is totally in knowledge of those officers and they will never ever ask for extra money to carry along if u travel just after ur visa..
Carrying money is totally upto ur discreation..but maximum amount is $10k
So, travel when ever u want to and get settled by taking ur time..

press good or +1 if u find this post useful

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
shanzra said:
All are rumours..
One can travel anytime after getting visa on passport..
On landing immigration officers never ask for money that u need to carry..because that is one`s personal matter..
just go to SERVICE CANADA and they will get you YOUR CIN number..
go to scotia bank after reaching and they will open your account and get you credit card worth $1000 and $2000 in your account.and rest they will pay as $667 in next 12 months..
this thing is totally in knowledge of those officers and they will never ever ask for extra money to carry along if u travel just after ur visa..
Carrying money is totally upto ur discreation..but maximum amount is $10k
So, travel when ever u want to and get settled by taking ur time..

press good or +1 if u find this post useful
At immigration they do ask about extra money if you are early. Again, it varies from officer to officer. 1month is fine. No one will ask anything.

Yes, you can get SIN, but if you do job before semester starts, you are violating the law and it is on record. CIC does random check on your SIN history. If they find it later (for example during your PR application few years later), you will be sent back. People posted in this forum regarding this issue before.

There is no limit to carry cash in. However, you have to declare anything above 10K.

Vatsal@Vatsal

Apr 19, 2017
LILIN said:
i got my approval yesterday but my college is not giving me any extension to enroll in may intake thus i am planning to enroll in September intake . thus how many months before i can travel to canada

Hey buddy,

how much fund you showed while applying for VISA?

LILIN

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
pb11 said:
See there is actually no process that they will ask you show funds. This might only happen in the worst scenario that you have to declare your funds at the immigration check if they found that you are traveling too early. Sometimes they just let you go without asking anything or they will send back to your country.

Secondly, regarding per month I would suggest you to ask some who is local as if you live in Manitoba, Alberta or Saskatchewan you will survive for $500 a month (room sharing + food)

In Ontario, a basement with sharing will alone cost you for $500 rent.

I suggest you to kindly look for accommodation from here only else it will cost you more looking there as real estate agent charge whopping amount.
accommodation is not at all a problem for me i gonna stay with my distant cousin .....

LILIN

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Guys i was suppose to go for may intake but due to delay in visa arrival im going for September intake and my gic money is valid from may first...so im eligible to excess that money rite ? why should i show extra money to them?
hey guys plz clarify ?

seooecc

May 19, 2017
i got my approval yesterday but my college is not giving me any extension to enroll in may intake thus i am planning to enroll in September intake . thus how many months before i can travel to canada

after you received your passport with visa stamp, you are eligible to shift but for this you need funds to show and a proper reason why you come earlier! ..if you are fail to explain the valid reason, then they will sent you back.

Shalini_1402

Apr 25, 2019
You can travel once you receive your passport but you won't be allowed to work there until your college starts.
Same as my situation.. I received my Visa on 7th and i have sent my passport for stamping and illI get it on Monday.. my offer expires on 13th may .. they r not giving me extension.. can I travel? What about immigrations? Will they give me permit?

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
I applied for May intake, got my passport back before that but then my course coordinator advised to not come in summer as very limited courses are offered in summer. I deferred my admission to fall intake (September) and arrived in Canada on 13 July.
Also, my admission was in a Montreal university and I arrived in Toronto.
Hop it helps

Reactions: Shalini_1402