+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many in the midst of the appeal process?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Try writing a letter to the Immigration Appeal Board office that is handling your appeal. On the phone you tend to get no answer or conflicting answers. At least with a letter you can document what they told you.

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
I have contacted the office in vancouver where I had to send all the appeal paperwork and now they say they have nothing to do with it because they decided that we will be going to court but nobody will give me a straight answer

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
But how can they have nothing to do with it? They are the ones who set the date for the appeal.

B

boyee6576

I dealt with montreal office and the lady I spoke to there who was handling my case was absolutely wonderful. I guess I lucked out

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
I have called all over nobody will tell me anything they tell me that seeing as how they decided that our case is going to court that it doesn't involve them anymore but they will not tell me who to call to find out anything.

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
I didn't even get an appeal date I finally got ahold of someone when I wasn't hearing anything and they called me back and said that our case was decided that we will go to court and that we should be getting a court date by feb.

B

boyee6576

I am tired. :'( I called CIC last week, and the told me our file (appealed case) was sent back to delhi and it arrived on the 13 of April. We had done an enquirey to Delhi to change my husbands address and to see how long before we would hear something. They replied saying that they have not received our file or the documents saying that our appeal was allowed NOTHING, but I could fax the documents concerning the appeal to Delhi. I contacted my local MP to see if they could find out things and they said our file was in Delhi on the 9th of April. I told her my concern about the IO who was so rude I complained about her and a note was placed on her work record. I was worried if she was to handle our case she would purposely delay our case. The lady at the MP's office told me thats why she is going to keep checking on our case. I should know something on Tuesday. Its a bit confusing.

I

iarblue

With gods grace i hope i do not have to go this,i feel for you guys,i hope you all get what you are looking for.

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
boyee6576 said:
I am tired. :'( I called CIC last week, and the told me our file (appealed case) was sent back to delhi and it arrived on the 13 of April. We had done an enquirey to Delhi to change my husbands address and to see how long before we would hear something. They replied saying that they have not received our file or the documents saying that our appeal was allowed NOTHING, but I could fax the documents concerning the appeal to Delhi. I contacted my local MP to see if they could find out things and they said our file was in Delhi on the 9th of April. I told her my concern about the IO who was so rude I complained about her and a note was placed on her work record. I was worried if she was to handle our case she would purposely delay our case. The lady at the MP's office told me thats why she is going to keep checking on our case. I should know something on Tuesday. Its a bit confusing.
I feel for you I really do my husband and I have been battling to be together now for almost 3 yrs we will be married 3 yrs in Aug. My thoughts and prayers are for everyone that has to go through this.

B

boyee6576

I know that boat is a huge one and I am not alone. Its nice to have support from others going through the same thing and cheering with those that finally made it through. My family is very supportive, but when you can talk to people who are going through the same things and having long wait times or even longer than some, its really helpful. Theraputic in a crazy way.

ok ~group hug~ :D

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
confusedandlonely...whether your case was to go to ADR or to full hearing. The date should have been set for December worse case February and he would have been here by now

kick buttox and call your MP insist on getting info from appeal board for a date and that your case is simple and so can be delt with at an ADR level

if it goes to appeal both sponsor and applicant have to testify, even though he is not in canada you will be asked to have two hours of phone cards so they can call him and ask him questions

they will ask sponsor first without the applicant hearing then they will call the applicant and ask questions and then you will be asked questioned where both of you can hear

it is a much more formal setting then an ADR so press your MP to work on your behalf

best of luck!!!!!!!

B

boyee6576

You should beable to call appeals board and find out something. I called my case worker and she told me what date I was going to be booked for before I got the letter in the mail. Your wait is ridiculous. Contact your MP because this is really and injustice. I know ADRs are usually scheduled a bit sooner thant a full hearing but still you should have had it over with by now.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
yep, its crazy one thing is saying your full hearing date is scheduled for february....which would have been over a year after the refusal...but now she's at almost a year and a half after the refusal without even having a date that's insane!!! and to be honest the first case that i have heard that its been so long

so kick some bottox and get the MP moving

B

boyee6576

well I have heard for a full hearing its usually a year not much more and a ADR is about 6 to 8 months are they receive your letter stating your intention to appeal. To go this long is really and injustice. If your ready to fight your case I would ask that the MP get you a date as soon as possible and tell them this has been added stress and how its affecting you. Its bad enough for the "normal waiting" but to go this long is really stretching the nerves.

unstopable1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Hi all

I am new to all of this. Got refusal letter yesterday stating that my marrage is not genuine and for immigration purposes. I am so hurt and disserpointed I cannot think straight. Now appeal..... Gosh it seems like it will never end

Can anyone share the process of appeal?

Thanks
Unstopable