+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long would an Open Work Permit be issued for when submitted with an inland PR application?

B05SxBrennan

Mar 8, 2022
I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife through the inland class, and my wife wants to work doing art commissions while she waits for PR. My wife is a temporary resident, but her status's end date will likely get here before her OPW gets approved, so she'll be on maintained status.

What do I put in the "duration of employment" section of the OPW application form? The guide for the form says that the to and from dates must match the "duration allowed in the work permit category"; However, I can't find any official information on what kind of category this permit belongs to, or how long it can be issued for.

So what should I put in the "To" and "From" fields?

greatchris408

Dec 7, 2015
I submitted my OWP application along with my inland application. My OWP application was cancelled because my PR application was approved.

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife through the inland class, and my wife wants to work doing art commissions while she waits for PR. My wife is a temporary resident, but her status's end date will likely get here before her OPW gets approved, so she'll be on maintained status.

What do I put in the "duration of employment" section of the OPW application form? The guide for the form says that the to and from dates must match the "duration allowed in the work permit category"; However, I can't find any official information on what kind of category this permit belongs to, or how long it can be issued for.

So what should I put in the "To" and "From" fields?
I got my OWP extension approved today (I was on implied status also). It was issued for 2 years.

I'm currently waiting for my PR BGC to be completed now.

If you choose “Open Work Permit” or “Post Graduation Work Permit”, leave questions 2 to 8 blank.
This is under the "Details of intended work in Canada" part of the form guide.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker-paper.html